Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm missing something very basic.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsnd
What the hell does the roof latch on to on the window frame. I can't see it in the parts diagrams, and I can't find anything in my parts boxes. I have got the frame all assembled with Mark's new seals, very nice btw, and I am drawing a blank. blink.gif confused24.gif
r_towle
a notch in the upper sheet metal. (front)
A pin embedded in the targe bar trim panel. (rear)
Go look at the car.

poke.gif

rich
wndsnd
Click to view attachment

There are no pads on the window frame? It latches right to the frame?

Seems like there should be something there to receive the latch.

wndsnd
Just fitted the top after a year of cutting and welding. I was a little nervous. Everything fit fine and I figured out the front latches.

Brain fart over. wacko.gif

Click to view attachment
tscrihfield
Pretty color!

I like!

Thomas
Woody
Very nice.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Mar 2 2013, 08:55 PM) *

Pretty color!

I like!

Thomas

Me too. Happy you figured out the latches. Brain farts happen. They're good because they aren't odoriferous!
injunmort
great color, Adriatic blue?
wndsnd
Yes it is now Adriatic Blue. I'm liking it also. Wasn't sure but the Adratic Blue thread sold me.

I am so glad to be putting it back together again. Thanks guys.
biosurfer1
Better to ask and be sure than to guess and create more work for yourself!
Dave_Darling
I love Adriatic Blue cars. Especially with the silver-painted five-bolt Mahle gasburner wheels on them...

--DD
76-914
Very nice work. Like the color, too. Great job. thumb3d.gif
Gint
More pics!
wndsnd
I don't have those wheels Dave, but I can picture them on the car and I think you are right. It came with rusty steelers, so I bought the Empi's off EvilBay with tires for now.

I got a door done today. Going with a RSR Minimalist approach. Was going to do leather pulls but I did not want to loose my interior door locks, and to be honest it was much simpler doing it this way. That little allen head on the back side of the door handle is a bitch. Did not get it real tight but I do have a lock washer on it.

As you can see - no room in the garage. Boxes of crap everywhere, and the tranny on the floor. Jeest!

Click to view attachment
FourBlades

Nice looking car! beerchug.gif

John
914werke
Awesome
scott_in_nh
Looking great John, hoping to have the time to stop by this weekend and see her in person.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.