Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PacNW gathering 11/27?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dave_Darling
So, this year I'm headed up to Portland for our National Day of Gluttony. Anyone up for some kind of gathering on the 27th? My folks are out near Hillsborough, but I'm sure I can steal one of their cars and get into Portland itself or somewhere not too awfully far away.

Anybody up for it? Anyone have suggestions about where to meet? (JP?)

--DD
double-a
i'm in vancouver, about three miles from jp actually. i'm in, if it's late enough in the day. we fly in from phoenix around noon.

~a
Rough_Rider
I'll wave on the way past. wavey.gif

Flying from pdx to Phoenix :-) on that Saturday....
Korijo
i will be in hillsboro for turkey day; wed - mon(28th)

keep it close to the burro, and i'm in.

Red Robin on TB highway ? beer3.gif drunk.gif
Dave_Darling
Tuberculosis highway??? wink.gif

Yeah, I know--you meant TV highway. (Tualatin Valley Highway, for those who ain't local.)

Definitely a possibility... Dave, are your folks down that way? (Or Kori's?)

--DD
Korijo
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Nov 16 2004, 06:10 PM)
Tuberculosis highway??? wink.gif

Yeah, I know--you meant TV highway. (Tualatin Valley Highway, for those who ain't local.)

Definitely a possibility... Dave, are your folks down that way? (Or Kori's?)

--DD

oopps! TV hway laugh.gif smoke.gif

Kori's folks live behind the strip-mall...
boxstr
Hillsborough..exactly the same as Hillsboro.
CCLINHILLSBURITTO
Porsche Rescue
Craig and JP can't show up unless I come along to take care of 'em. Both need constant supervision.
boxstr
We need someone to change our Depends. bootyshake.gif
CCLINPOOPYPANTS
Bruce Allert
Depends on what......? w00t.gif

ba-da bum aktion035.gif

....b

oh ya! I could prolly make it beerchug.gif
drgchapman
I'd like to come as well. Trying to meet as many of you as I can. I'll watch Jim change depends from a safe distance. Craig, I've tried to figure out your code... all caps....WTF?
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(drgchapman @ Nov 16 2004, 10:14 PM)
Craig, I've tried to figure out your code... all caps....WTF?

Gary, spread the letters out....

Craig C Laughlin IN POOPY PANTS beerchug.gif

beers help too laugh.gif
drgchapman
Thanks Bruce, so some personality trait or what?
drgchapman
Hey Dave, just noticed your from my old stomping grounds, I grew up in Sunnyvale, near the old Sunnyvale 1 and 2 drive in theaters. We watched the movies over the the back yard fence. I think it is a condo complex now. Went to Peterson High, now something else as well. Man I sound old all of a sudden. Looking forward to meeting you on the 27th. Hillsboro is way out west from or place, we live in West Linn. Those of here will figure out a suitable meeting place. I'll offer up my place if anyone interested. We'll be in entertaining mode for the weekend.
J P Stein
CCLINMANOFMYSTERY
J P Stein
I'm up for something....dunno what. huh.gif
I ain't much for sittin' around some gin joint, tho.

Gary's place sounds gud to me.
Bruce Allert
CCLINMANOFMANYCARSATCAMP914ANDNOTJUSTPORSCHESEITHER beerchug.gif

.....B
airsix
Do something fun like a turkey shoot (No, you sissy liberals - they don't actually shoot a turkey. It's just a target match and the winner takes home a frozen bird).

I probably can't make it, but I could tie a note to a rubber duck and throw it in the river on Wednesday and it should get there Saturday. You could all go steelhead fishing - extra points for catching a rubber duck.

-Ben M.
J P Stein
OK.....we gots a week to git this straightened out.....Who's in charge? I'm having a "deal" at my place in January so's I'd like to spread the wealth...so to speak.
airsix
Will the PNW gathering be drug free this time? (I hope)

-Ben M.
Porsche Rescue
Was it not last time? What did I miss?
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Nov 17 2004, 02:19 PM)
OK.....we gots a week to git this straightened out.....Who's in charge?

Rats, I was hoping not to be.... wink.gif But I guess I might as well, huh?

I figure Hillsboro (sorry, CCL!) is probably better than the Cornelius Pass Roadhouse, which is fun but is further out. Though if people want to come out that far, Sweet Apples (I think) was pretty yummy. Don't remember there being any booze served, which is either a plus or a minus depending on your point of view.

Hmm, are there any McMenamin's places not as far west as the Roadhouse? Maybe Beaverton? Maybe further in? I figure it'll be easier on most people if it's closer in to Portland proper.

Sheeit, there are a lot of McMenamin's places around! I just checked their website... No map, though, to show you where they all are. sad.gif

--DD
Porsche Rescue
It is a bit rural, but worth the drive to take Gary up on his invite (unless he has come to his senses by now). He has a beautiful new home on the banks of the Willamette, near Wilsonville, about 10 minutes off I-205. For locals who might remember, very near the famous Mark Wattles (Hollywood Video) Peach Cove abandoned mansion. A bit of a drive for Dave from Hillsboro but CA tourists need to see the sights.
Bruce Allert
There is a McMenamin's in downtown portland fairly central on NW 23rd. Blue Moon or something like that. One at Oregon city at the old railway station. Prolly doesn't need to be a Mc's but they are good for meetings and they have great burgers & brews beerchug.gif

....b
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Nov 17 2004, 07:46 PM)
they have great burgers & brews beerchug.gif

....b

Terminator Stout. smilie_pokal.gif beer3.gif chairfall.gif drunk.gif
Bruce Allert
agree.gif Damn Curt, you gotta git out here. You know the gud stuff that's available, don'cha? wink.gif

....b
TheCabinetmaker
Lighthouse brew pub. Lincoln City. Yeehaa!!!
boxstr
We could meet at CAMP 914, then go over to the MC at the 10th street exit in Willamette ( West Linn)and then drive over to Gary Chapmans.
CCLINNODRINKANDDRIVE
drgchapman
I'll do this once more. I'll offer up my place for a brunch meeting chowtime.gif , say 10:00am-2;00 pm. We are 10 minutes from Mcmenamins at 10th street in West Linn. Pamela can do brunch ( turkey casserole?....just kidding), I'll do beer and booze, beer.gif drugs if you need 'em are on your own nickle....we''ll tolerate, but no guns for you pot heads aktion035.gif Turkey shoot sounds great(":gunner:"), we can shoot clay off the dock over the river. I've got shotguns, bring some shells....2 3/4", #8's, 12 guage is what works best. Prize to be determined this week by either consensus or default. I just like to shoot things, watch 'em die! ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif We can talk 914's, got two in the garage, I need some input on a few things.

Directions to follow if this goes....

GECBRUNCHATGARYSYESORNO
J P Stein
Sounds good to me. I'll be there.......but where is West Linn? biggrin.gif
Porsche Rescue
JP can follow me if he can keep up!
drgchapman
Ok JP, first you drive to PIR, take a few fast laps driving.gif , then proceed south on I-5. When you get to to the
Willamette river, park on Boone Bridge, jump froggy.gif, float down river past the Canby ferry. Start looking to your left, grab boat dock before you hit the falls...can really mess up your day, We'll have a towell and coffee nudge coffee.gif waiting for you. Then we'll
party.gif

GECSIMPLEDIRECTIONSTOWESTLINN

CCLNOWIGETITTHISISFUN
Korijo
If the wife dont want to play, someone can drive The Van™. Dave ? It'll have another new, bigger motor smilie_pokal.gif .
Dave_Darling
Yeah!! I'm up for Gary's. And I'll drive The Van ™ if Kori doesn't want to play.

Schweet!

CCL, I may hit you up for a tour of Camp914 as well. smile.gif

--DD
boxstr
Jim you could hookup with DD near your place off 26 and then proceed out to CAMP we could meet JP there at Exit 10, we can then all go over to Garys from there.
Fun drive lots of twisties, and some long straights. Last time I was coming home a couple of horses were running down the middle of the road.
Gary how about setting up a tee box, we can whack some balls into the river.
CCLINLO
drgchapman
Whacking balls into the river is big fun, in fact I'm pretty good at whacking, we do it when we have old range balls, got any old range balls? golfer.gif
Bruce Allert
Meeting at Camp914 & caravaning to Garys would be fun especially if it doesn't rain. The teeners could go fast. What time to meet at Camp???

......b
J P Stein
Great....I dunno where West Linn is, I dunno where Camp914 is.... confused24.gif

I would like to see Camp914 when I had some time to poke around in Craig's stuff.........
boxstr
Jp you go down 205 south to exit 10, then over the freeway to the Home Depot, I can meet you there or anyone else. We can then go up the hill to CAMP.

Gary can you get some range balls from the Oregon Golf Club??

Korijo If you are able to come down, could you pickup and deliver a bumper from John Kelly??
CCLINCAMPOUT2004
Ctrout
I am just dying to get in on one of these impromptu gatherings and this one sounds like awesome fun!!! I have a relatively new (1000 rounds or so) Beretta AL 391 that I'm always looking for an excuse to shoot. The only problem is that it's over 7 hours away headbang.gif Anybody want to get together in Mountain Home Idaho? We could blast into the mountains and straighten out some of the curvies up near Featherville then do some grouse hunting and finish the day off at the hot springs. My spaniel is young and not quite finished yet but he probably hunts better than I do so it's all good. I know, I know, "Where the heck is Mountain Home Idaho and who would want to go there anyway?"
boxstr
Ctrout, Finally an excuse for all of use to go to Mountain Home Idaho. I thought no one would ever ask. biggrin.gif Ya where the hell is Mt. Home?
CCLINMAPQUEST
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Ctrout @ Nov 19 2004, 08:34 PM)
I know, I know, "Where the heck is Mountain Home Idaho and who would want to go there anyway?"

No matter where ya go... here you are!

Jes' like being from BORING, ORYGUN beerchug.gif

......b
Ctrout
Mt. Home is about 50 miles East of Boise on I-84. Halfway between Boise and Twin Falls. There's a great Air Force Base here too. I'm thinking of asking the base commander if he will let me set up an auto-x course on the runway on weekends. I hear they do it at Kadena AB, Japan all the time.
Korijo
QUOTE(boxstr @ Nov 19 2004, 05:49 PM)
Korijo If you are able to come down, could you pickup and deliver a bumper from John Kelly??
CCLINCAMPOUT2004

sure thing. we're tryin'. van isnt done yet. headbang.gif
airsix
QUOTE(boxstr @ Nov 19 2004, 08:25 PM)
Ya where the hell is Mt. Home?
CCLINMAPQUEST

Mt. Home is where you stop for gas and a leak after 4 hours non-stop through bOregon. It is the gateway to the great high-desert Autobaun (sp?) which is the 'less traveled route' across central Idaho through the famous "Craters of the Moon", Arco, Howe, across the Idaho National Engineering Laboratory reservation (nuclear test facility way way way out in the desert), past Sage Junction and right up to the foothills of the Rockies all in just a few hours. You will see deer, coyote, eagles, prarie falcons, red tailed hawks, pheasant, sage grouse, sandhill crane, fox, etc, and on the right day you can see several thousand antelope at once.

Oh, the short answer is it's about 40miles South of Boise.

-Ben M.
airsix
Mt. Home is about 50 miles East of Boise on I-84. -ctrout

it's about 40miles South of Boise.

East? South? Ok, looks like we were on the right track.

-Ben M.
boxstr
Ben, thank you so much, you have really cleared things up. cool_shades.gif
CCLINIDAHOSPUD
Korijo
Mt. Home is where you stop for gas and a leak after 4 hours non-stop through bOregon. It is the gateway to the great high-desert Autobaun (sp?) which is the 'less traveled route' across central Idaho through the famous "Craters of the Moon", Arco, Howe, across the Idaho National Engineering Laboratory reservation (nuclear test facility way way way out in the desert), past Sage Junction and right up to the foothills of the Rockies all in just a few hours. You will see deer, coyote, eagles, prarie falcons, red tailed hawks, pheasant, sage grouse, sandhill crane, fox, etc, and on the right day you can see several thousand antelope at once.

Oh, the short answer is it's about 40miles South of Boise.

been there many times. a good buddy was raised in Buhl;

unfortunatly he died in a cliff diving accident. sad.gif

beerchug.gif here's a cold one, Jamie Heffernan ! beerchug.gif
drgchapman
Need to revive this thread, Party is on for Saturday, 10-2. We have a couple of good suggestions for entertainment: Hit golf balls into the river golfer.gif (need balls), or shoot clay pigeons from the dock with shotguns. ar15.gif Both sound great to me. Might be hard to pull both off, though. Wives, SO's, girlfriends, Mistresses are welcome. Pamela will have plenty of good chow chowtime.gif .

PM'd everyone with directions to the house. Anyone else, I forgot? Just ask.

How's about a head count? party.gif
Porsche Rescue
One
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.