Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front suspension crossmember
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malcolm2
I know all the perfectionist, including myself will say replace. I have never driven my car, so I can't say what this bent suspension part does.

Just curious what the masses think. Re-use it or replace? Maybe someone has one just laying around...? I'll add a WTB post too.

Thanks,

Clark

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
I would not use that, but I drive mine pretty hard. I would think the car would handle a little wonky with that bent.
SirAndy
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Mar 3 2013, 02:25 PM) *
I would not use that

agree.gif
Valy
Mine has a similar bent. After a front alignment everything is fine with the bent crossmember.
Having said that, I have a straight one waiting to go on. I just need the time.....
914werke
WOW. You gotta wonder at what level of hit it would take to bend that.
Its a pretty stout piece.
bulitt
Can't wait to bend mine! Then I can replace it with an aluminum one off a 911. Bruce bdstone sells them for @100 $ if I recall correctly.
malcolm2
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 3 2013, 06:15 PM) *

WOW. You gotta wonder at what level of hit it would take to bend that.
Its a pretty stout piece.

The car still has some wrinkles in area between the fresh air fan and the gas tank and in the driver's foot well. They replaced all of the outer front left fender, 3/4 of the inside front left fender, to just past the shock mount. The left half of the front end too. They used a white pre-75 car, cause it has the dog bone holes on that side. Otherside is still 100% 75. You got a crossmember in your stock pile of $9.14 parts?
914werke
You betcha smile.gif
Spoke
Replace it. It holds your front suspension on the car. Certain things you don't mess around with. Brakes, suspension,... replace if damaged.
jmill
Junk! Your front arm won't go up and down smoothly. You might even have a tweaked A arm
McMark
agree.gif

I think I have a spare if you can't find one locally.
Griffinroydonald
I have extra's in N.C. if you need one -P.M. me for details.
shuie
Is a straight one is going to bolt onto the car?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.