914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Erben914
We have to get creative here in Cali.Click to view attachment piratenanner.gif
Jeffs9146
Here is mine!
Erben914
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Mar 3 2013, 02:45 PM) *

Here is mine!

Very nice! I like that plate background too. Are you registered with DMV for the retro plates?
Jeffs9146
Not yet, maybe one of these days but I just got these a few months ago!
biosurfer1
You have to get creative because of me:) Unfortunately, I sold my old 914 with the other one still on it and the seller never gave it back, so this one hangs on my wall.

Click to view attachment

We'll have to meet up one of these days, maybe head over to see Rob (Conedodger) in Reno for a breakfast
Erben914
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 3 2013, 03:19 PM) *

You have to get creative because of me:) Unfortunately, I sold my old 914 with the other one still on it and the seller never gave it back, so this one hangs on my wall.

Click to view attachment

We'll have to meet up one of these days, maybe head over to see Rob (Conedodger) in Reno for a breakfast

Ahahaha you have the won I wanted! ar15.gif
Yeah that sounds good we can bring jsconst from Galt too.
You got me good man. Can't wait to meet.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Erben914 @ Mar 3 2013, 02:30 PM) *

Okay, so now put in for that in the Legacy Plate Blue/Yellow & it'll look retro too!
... you know it's "clear" since you own the current one!

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/legacyplates/index.htm

As for biosurfer - if "9 ONE 4" isn't registered on the one you sold & it's been off the books with CA-DMV, thyen you too may be able to do the Legacy Plate for it.

PS - IIRC if you go to Legacy Plates it's a few bucks less per year for the same personal id, than with std pers plates.
Kaduku
Would it be so wrong to go for black CA Legacy Plates with my 73?

I just think the black plates are so cool and the blue ones may clash with my red car.
toolguy
Black was discontinued in 69. . changed to blue / yel with 6 digits. . . then changed to 7 digits {Blue plate} in 1980. . changed again to white plate in 1982. .
Kaduku
QUOTE(toolguy @ Mar 4 2013, 05:27 PM) *

Black was discontinued in 69. . changed to blue / yel with 6 digits. . . then changed to 7 digits {Blue plate} in 1980. . changed again to white plate in 1982. .

I know but it looks and reads like I can choose any of them with any year.
Mike Bellis
In California, the personalized plate belongs to the person that requested it NOT to the car it's on. You can only transfer the personalized plate if you fill out a transfer form for the plate in addition to the normal paperwork.

So, If you still have a personalized plate, you can put it on your other 914 (or any car) or transfer it to anyone that wants that plate.

The exception is putting a "69" in the verbage. DMV will only allow "69" on a 1969 vehicle. This is due to the sexual connotation of 69.

I had "69 BUZZ" on my 1969 Dodge Super Bee and transferred it to my 1969 Porsche 911. I still own the rights to 69 BUZZ even though I do not own a 1969 car any longer. I did have to write a statement of fact to the DMV to get the plate originally since they are idiots and thought my design was sexual and drug related. Fuching morons!

Bottom line, it you once had a personalized plate, most likely you still own the rights to it even if it has been out of the system.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
biosurfer1
That is very true Mike, unfortunately since the seller never gave me back the plate, I can't register them to my new 914. I called and asked but no one there could give me an answer on how to get a new one. Maybe I should have gone about it differently (just said one fell off while driving) but they seemed confused...shocker for DMV, I know.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 4 2013, 07:09 PM) *

That is very true Mike, unfortunately since the seller never gave me back the plate, I can't register them to my new 914. I called and asked but no one there could give me an answer on how to get a new one. Maybe I should have gone about it differently (just said one fell off while driving) but they seemed confused...shocker for DMV, I know.

Go to DMV and file a missing plate form. You should be able to order e new one. You will have to pay for it. Don't bother calling unless you have been assigned a case manager and know them by name.
ConeDodger
So... When are you guys coming over. cheer.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 4 2013, 08:39 PM) *

So... When are you guys coming over. cheer.gif

When the snow melts............ driving.gif
JStroud
This is the only personalized plate I have now, but its on my work truck.
Might explain my sign in name to some though. confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

Haven't decided what I want for the 914 yet....so for now I just drive it. driving.gif

Jeff
JStroud
QUOTE(Erben914 @ Mar 3 2013, 02:30 PM) *

Nice won Eric......you know with that plate now your going to have to start autocrossing your car. poke.gif

Looking good,

Jeff
Erben914
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Mar 4 2013, 06:12 PM) *

In California, the personalized plate belongs to the person that requested it NOT to the car it's on. You can only transfer the personalized plate if you fill out a transfer form for the plate in addition to the normal paperwork.

So, If you still have a personalized plate, you can put it on your other 914 (or any car) or transfer it to anyone that wants that plate.

The exception is putting a "69" in the verbage. DMV will only allow "69" on a 1969 vehicle. This is due to the sexual connotation of 69.

I had "69 BUZZ" on my 1969 Dodge Super Bee and transferred it to my 1969 Porsche 911. I still own the rights to 69 BUZZ even though I do not own a 1969 car any longer. I did have to write a statement of fact to the DMV to get the plate originally since they are idiots and thought my design was sexual and drug related. Fuching morons!

Bottom line, it you once had a personalized plate, most likely you still own the rights to it even if it has been out of the system.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Sweet teener Mike! I want a ride in that one.
driving.gif
Jeffs9146
Here are a couple of my old ones! I have not used them for a long time!
JawjaPorsche
This is the tag my wife had on her Datsun pickup in California. Her name is Jaye.
Michael N
Bumblebee....

Click to view attachment

/6....

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.