Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight motor test
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
trojanhorsepower
Hi All,

Unbelievably I am playing with a 914!
I am farting around with my parts car and would like to test the headlight motors (mostly just to watch them go up and down). I have looked a fair amount and found lots of information, but not exactly what I am looking for. This car is a 76 and is mostly stripped. Both headlight set ups appear to be fully present and I would like to run the motors. I found a four pin connector that goes to the motor, and from reading here the gray wire is the up/dn one? So if I put 12 volts on that pin and chassis ground to the battery the motor will cycle? Sound correct?
Mike Bellis
The motors require a dual power source. The red wire works the motor. The grey wire triggers it. +12V on each one.
toolguy
The wires for both motors are common, , if one motor works, the headlight switch is good. . the wires from the switch go to the drivers side motor first and T off there over to the passenger side

Colors are red green/bk and gray on my 1970,. . although the factory manual states they are red, blue and black, in my 1972 edition [page 3.2 2-2]

When you operate the headlight switch, it puts
+12 Voltage to Red and Gray and make the motors run to the 'up' position. . they stop at the up because slider contacts inside the motor gearbox break the connection and the motors stay 'parked' . . . When you turn off the headlight switch, to go down +12 volts is applied to the Red and Grn. . the motor will run to the 'lowered' position;

trojanhorsepower
Great!
Thanks guys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.