Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The gremlins won't quit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
mad.gif I have a 74 914 that I'm ready to shoot... ar15.gif This is just causing too much frustration for me. headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif Does anybody have a list of what's supposed to be wired and how? confused24.gif

I think my fusebox and/or relays are not wired properly. If someone happens to have a list of which cable goes where, that would be most beneficial. I'd really like to get this car on the road, and I don't want to spend $300 on electrical diagnostics.

As best as I can see, some of the wires to the fuse box are single, some are double. Would like to know the proper route (are the "hot" wires supposed to come through the front or the rear, color by color, connection by connection.

Last but not least, what connections go to the relays.
94teener
The Haynes manual shows wire colors and every connection to each of the fuses, 1 through 12. Look at it and look at your hanging wires and fuse box. Don't be intemidated, it is staright forward and quite easy.

Phil
TheCabinetmaker
Yep, Haynes has complete wiring diagram for the entire car. Buy a good magnifying glass, or have a young kid handy when reading it.
BIGKAT_83
Why not use the colored ones 914GT has marked up. I don't leave home without a set of these.

Bob.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...l=&#entry255295
Carlitos Way
WOOOOH!!!

Still having other issues... but I'm finding another unusual quirk. I've got a short somewhere that cuts the engine off when I apply the brakes. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks,

Carlos
Carlitos Way
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif It's fixed!!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
This, and a few other gremlins were fixed over the long weekend.

To make a long story short, one of the wires inside the turn signal housing was reversed. This created a short whenever the turn signals were activated, which killed the ignition immediately.

Part two of the story goes like this. In addition to that, the DAPO had removed the side marker lights and replaced them with reflectors. one of the sides had no wiring to it. The other... you guessed it. The two wires for the side marker were touching.

So... now that I've lost my hair, I can go ahead and start letting it grow back.

Thanks a lot to all of you guys for your help... and my friends who came out to help me. I couldn't have done it without some help.

Now all I need to fix is the darn reverse lights.. That one should be much easier.
ematulac
clap56.gif Coolio!

Check the back-up light switch on the tranny. Mine's been broken for a while.
Rhodes71/914
Who needs reverse lights anyway, can't see anything with em. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.