Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: retainer clip for pushrod tubes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MARCANNEKE
Has anyone sorted out if the retainer clip for the pushrod tubes on a 914 2.0l are needed for a regular use ( no oil leaks)? They aren't availible anymore.
76-914
QUOTE(MARCANNEKE @ Mar 4 2013, 06:34 AM) *

Has anyone sorted out if the retainer clip for the pushrod tubes on a 914 2.0l are needed for a regular use ( no oil leaks)? They aren't availible anymore.

Absolutely.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(MARCANNEKE @ Mar 4 2013, 06:34 AM) *

Yes, you need them. I have a few. PM me for details.

The Cap'n
reharvey
QUOTE(MARCANNEKE @ Mar 4 2013, 09:34 AM) *

Don't leave home without them!
Dave_Darling
Hint: The factory put very few "extra unneeded" parts on these engines...

--DD
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 4 2013, 12:25 PM) *

Hint: The factory put very few "extra unneeded" parts on these engines...

--DD

Yeah, except the tin. That stuff is totally unnecessary. Might as well get rid of that stupid fan and alternator too.
McMark
Oddly enough, I've found that the car runs perfectly well without a right front wheel. I think they put in on just to look like a 'normal car'.
r_towle
Aside from all the wise remarks you will get here, and I was about to pile on....

The motor expands and contracts with temp changes.
The push rod tubes slide in an out of the engine as this happens.

there is a very good chance the push rod tubes will move in and out of the head if the retainer is not present.
That part of the motor has alot of high pressure oil in the valve cover.
It would not just leak out, it would pour out, under pressure, and all over your exhaust....
Oil may ignite there,

So, it really is needed.
The Cap,n above has some, get them.

I noticed you are in Belgium.
Mittelmotor in Germany has them also, and it may be easier for you.

rich
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 4 2013, 12:04 PM) *
Oddly enough, I've found that the car runs perfectly well without a right front wheel. I think they put in on just to look like a 'normal car'.

I lost a rear wheel once while driving a BMW 2002 and the car remained stable on 3 wheels and did not tip.
driving.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 4 2013, 03:28 PM) *

I lost a rear wheel once while driving a BMW 2002 and the car remained stable on 3 wheels and did not tip.
driving.gif

They call it the ultimate driving experience for a reason.

I bet that was one of the tests back in the day....

Rich
timothy_nd28
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 4 2013, 12:28 PM) *

driving.gif

Is that because your momma was sitting in the passenger seat? lol-2.gif Sorry, couldn't help it. It was set up too perfect!
SirAndy
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Mar 4 2013, 12:45 PM) *
Is that because your momma was sitting in the passenger seat? lol-2.gif Sorry, could help it. It was set up too perfect!

You clearly haven't met my mother ...
biggrin.gif
ldsgeek
One of the Citroen models could do the whole three wheel thing on purpose. A guy in Mystic, CT got a ticket for driving home with one rear wheel missing after a flat. Cop had no sense of humor about the ability of the car to safely do that.
dfelz
QUOTE(ldsgeek @ Mar 4 2013, 01:49 PM) *

Cop had no sense of humor about the ability of the car to safely do that.

That sounds about right. sheeplove.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.