Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Can-Am Video, 1972
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wegeng_Haus
smilie_pokal.gif I love Can-Am anything. If you do too, check this out. Good footage, good sound, and good comentary. Lots of footage I've never seen. A must see. Dave http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Er3VzwGrY
Randal
QUOTE(Wegeng_Haus @ Mar 4 2013, 08:23 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif I love Can-Am anything. If you do too, check this out. Good footage, good sound, and good comentary. Lots of footage I've never seen. A must see. Dave http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Er3VzwGrY

+1

Great video biggrin.gif

Just something about Can Am cars that very few other venues replicate.
andys
Part 2 of that vid culminates in the Riverside race, which I attended. I still remember walking the garage and seeing George Follmer with one foot propped up on the fender of the 917; I wished him luck.

Andys
Pat Garvey
Takes me back to what I consider the best of road racing years!
VaccaRabite
Great stuff!
Zach
GeorgeRud
Those that weren't around to see these cars when they were racing need to be sure to catch them at a vintage event. It truly was a magical time with the open, anything goes formula. Too expensive to do again, but a wonderful memory.

Thanks for posting!
messix
it's too bad they couldn't have done something to keep that kind of platform with non-electronic computerized cars and keep under car aero out of it also.

it would be kinda nascar'ish but it would be brutal loud and fast!
Madswede
That's a nice clip from one of my favorite racing films. I got it on DVD. It's called "CAN-AM - The Speed Odyssey". It can be found at ama-zon or any place decent racing movies are sold. The part just after this one, the 1973 season, is utter homage to the 917/30 complete with 80s guitar rock, which is OK by me. aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.