Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amelia Island panel discussion re: Porsche resale market
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
markyb
Hagerty to present free seminar on March 8

http://www.hagerty.com/florida/Amelia/Semi...ws%2003-06-2013

Live Streaming

For those who are unable to travel to Amelia Island for this year's events, please click here to view live video from our seminar at 9 a.m. EST on Friday, March 8. Panelists will field a selection of questions from those watching on the Web.

Seminar Topic and Time

Hagerty is pleased to present a free interactive panel discussion, "Under the Hood - An Insider's Look at the Amelia Auctions by Hagerty," on Friday, March 8, held in conjunction with the 18th annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. The seminar will be held at 9:00 a.m. at the Ritz-Carlton.

Hagerty valuation experts Rob Sass and Dave Kinney, along with Porsche collectors, restorers and experts Reid Vann and Cam Ingram, will examine the current state of the market for blue chip collectible cars with an emphasis on the white-hot Porsche market.

Ritz-Carlton: 4750 Amelia Island Pkwy, Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034

I'm anxious to hear what they have to say about teeners....
Madswede
agree.gif Though I'm also pretty keen on what they'll say about the 968. For some reason, I've been getting a rash of people talk to me about mine, some who know what it is and many more who don't but love the "retro" look of it and compliment me on how good a shape it's in (in spite of the myriad of dings and rock chips and its nearly cracked-through windshield). I always have to stop for a second and say, "retro? it's a '92!" Then I realize that was 21 years ago... mad.gif
tumamilhem
I will be at the Concors d'Elegance at Ameila Island this Sunday. They will also be showcasing the 50th Anniversary of the 911.

Anybody else going? Will be taking my Creamsicle...provided it's out of the shop by then.
FourBlades
QUOTE(Madswede @ Mar 6 2013, 11:36 AM) *

agree.gif Though I'm also pretty keen on what they'll say about the 968. For some reason, I've been getting a rash of people talk to me about mine, some who know what it is and many more who don't but love the "retro" look of it and compliment me on how good a shape it's in (in spite of the myriad of dings and rock chips and its nearly cracked-through windshield). I always have to stop for a second and say, "retro? it's a '92!" Then I realize that was 21 years ago... mad.gif

Sucks, doesn't it.

I remember the 80s like it was yesterday.

The 90s seems like last week.

Its the 0s and the 1s that don't seem real to me.

The upside is in 4 more years you will be able to get classic car plates.

John
EdwardBlume
New cars suck. That's why classics are going up.
Michael N
Thanks for posting the link. I am going to watch online on Friday morning. I think we can even ask questions online as well. if they don't touch the 914 and 914-6 i will ask the question if i can. I attended one of their sessions last year during monterey car week and enjoyed it. The panel talked about car value tren moving right now and took questions from the audience. In the goodie bag that they gave out to the attendees included tickets in some auctions that could other wise cost as much as 40 dollars to get in to be a spectator.

I just watch the video of the car cleaning tech session and found it informative.
billh1963
QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 6 2013, 04:07 PM) *

New cars suck. That's why classics are going up.

New cars are actually more awesome than ever....more HP, better gas mileage, more comfortable, more reliable, and much safer. Do they look as cool?...that's debatable... biggrin.gif
zymurgist
"White hot" for documented originals or race cars, perhaps. For a Frankenporsche assembled from multiple cars, not so much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.