Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures of Nor Cal fun run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
madd_dogg_914
Took a nice drive today, from Santa Cruz I drove to Livermore to meet up with Jeff Tucker (Jeffs74~914), then we drove up to Patterson and met up with the birthday boy, Scooter (AnAllOutRacer). Drove for a couple of hours down a road that I swear was paved JUST for the enjoyment of 914's! Stopped a few places along the way to take some snap shots, enjoyed the clean air, mixed with the smell of burned rubber, and D-Jet fuel injection, it made for the PERFECT Sunday afternoon. Only three people made it today, but what fun we had. It was short notice and a long drive so it wasn't a big shock then no one else came. Here come the pictures.

This is us where we met up at the Shell station in Patterson. (can you tell it was a little bit windy . . . )
madd_dogg_914
Another shot of the three brave teeners
madd_dogg_914
We had a visitor while we were waiting. The sheriff pulled up and stopped on the street right next to us. Sat there for a few minutes, and then took off. Maybe we will all get tickets in the mail . . .
madd_dogg_914
Here are the individual shots to introduce you to the teeners.

Here is Jeff's
madd_dogg_914
I guess it helps to add the picture . . . DUH!

Once again, Jeff's:
madd_dogg_914
Mine, STILL without windshield trim . . .
madd_dogg_914
And Scooters:
madd_dogg_914
Stopped to check fluid levels, oh yeah, and we checked the car's too!

Nice barn back there, I thought perfect picture op:
madd_dogg_914
I did it again!

Here is the pic I promise:
madd_dogg_914
Heard a roar coming from the street, it was a gang of motorcycles that we would soon be passing, couldn't hack it on such a windy road, GET A 914!!!
madd_dogg_914
Endless purple flowers, and three teeners, what a sight!

(in regards to the finger, I never claimed to be a proffessional photographer, I just do what I can! HAHA)
*Kinda ruined a really good shot . . . *
madd_dogg_914
I did better here, but I couldn't back up enough (stupid barbed wire) to get a good shot of all three, so I compromised and got a good shot of mine!
madd_dogg_914
I think I am going to win an award for forgetting the most pictures in a single topic! The problem is (Brad, Andy . . . ) the submit post, and Browse buttons are soooo damn close together! Anyways, here she is:
madd_dogg_914
One more of the pretty purple flowers, and then we will move on.
madd_dogg_914
Teeners teetering on the edge of nothingness . . .
madd_dogg_914
I climbed a mountain to try and get a good shot for all you 914 nuts out there, and do I get a thank you :finger2: hehehehehehehehe
Qarl
Sweet looking cars! I'll take 'em. Package deal for the three, right?

Regards,

Karl
madd_dogg_914
Here is the road that we tackled no problem (I think highway patrol would have had a problem) But we had no problem!
madd_dogg_914
One last shot of the road ahead, and then we didn't stop again until Jack in the Box! I had tons of fun, and anytime anyone wants to do this again, Just post it here, and I am in!
madd_dogg_914
Karl, yeah package deal, will trade all three 914's for the original 916 in the classifieds. (although you might wanna ask the other guys first, as I don't share too well . . . biggrin.gif )
Jeffs9146
Thanks for getting those pictures up so fast Chris! That road was amazing!!!! I have never been so tired from a leasurly Sunday drive!! I am glad you could join us! Happy B-day Scooter!! Was that 40 or 30?? I think I need baffolds in my oil tank too keep the oil light off when hitting all of those hairpins at 40mph!! Lets do it again some time!

PS: Everything has a price!! Lets talk Karl!! lol

Jeff
Mike's2nd914
Cool pics guys. I noticed the gas prices in the one pic. Was that 1.89/Gal for REGULAR, 2.09 for PREMIUM? Right now, we are paying 1.23 - 1.29 for Regular in Alabama. You can find it for 1.19 over in Georgia. My daily driver is a F-150 SuperCrew 4X4 with a 5.4l V8. I am very in-tune to gas prices!!!
Jeffs9146
Hey, dont rub it in!! Thats down from $2.29! But I run 91 octain so $2.09 is down from $2.59

I happy!!

Not!

Jeff
Mike's2nd914
Ouch! I think I would have to trade my truck for one of those hybrid things! Anyway, looks like you guys had a blast with those gorgeous cars. Can't wait to get mine back on the road.

Mike
madd_dogg_914
I recently paid as much as $2.67 for premium in Scotts Valley. It broke my heart. I wish I didn't have to use premium, but I have a 1998 Lexus GS400 (4.0L V8) and it wont accept anything but! I really am thinking about parking the stupid thing and taking the 914 out more. It gets better mileage, runs on regular, and is 37 times more fun to drive! Hmmmmmmm, maybe I will take it out tomorrow.

-Chris

$1.23 for regular, you know what I have to say to that . . . finger.gif
Aaron Cox
nice looking cars! looked like a lot of fun
seanery
Nice Cars Guys!!!

Looks like fun!
elmonte
I wish i joined you guys I had to many honeydo
things to get done . The weather was good though it
was a little windy here in the san ramon valley. It has
been a long time since i've been on those back roads. Looks like
you had a great time. Great pictures!!!
Hope to join you next time

ELMONTE 70 914/6 2.2
Scott Carlberg
Elmonte,
would've loved for YOU to have come along, we talked many times
about what it would've been like to have a 6 on those roads!

You certainly would've let us taken turns in your 6, right? bs.gif

Big thanks to Chris & Jeff for going on the drive & helping me start
my 40th off just Right! driving.gif

Doing it again soon? Oh Hell YEAH!!!

Can a 40 year old guy still be called Scooter? cool_shades.gif
jfort
Thanks for posting the pictures. Enjoyed it!
Gint

Can a 40 year old guy still be called Scooter?  

My birthday is Memorial Day. If a 41 year old can be called Gint, then Scooter sounds fine to me.
krk
QUOTE(Gint @ May 19 2003, 01:52 PM)

Can a 40 year old guy still be called Scooter?  

My birthday is Memorial Day. If a 41 year old can be called Gint, then Scooter sounds fine to me.

Gint, you old guys just need more coaching. Your new nicknames have to sound like "grampy" or something like that. I'm sure if we asked around this BBS, they'd be happy to come up with new ones for y'all. lol.

kim.

btw, nice pics! thx for posting 'em. mueba.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Great pics!, Loved the curvie road!! biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
Looked like a great drive!!! I hope to join you next time!!! <_<
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.