Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone recognize this engine rebuilder tag?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pbob42
I am trying to figure out what was done to this engine when it was rebuilt. Anybody identify the rebuilder by this tag. It is a Southern California Car.

IPB Image
euro911
The same style tag is on a 1.8L long block I acquired a few years ago. Someone else posted a pic of their engine with the same style tag a few weeks ago.

GEX is one rebuilder that applies a tag, but I don't know if that is their tag or not confused24.gif

popcorn[1].gif
monkeyboy
GEX used to stamp the side of the case with their logo. Down towards the oil pan.

You could look there also.
Mark Henry
I've seen that tag up here as well.

I know that it can't be a VW reman tag, they used to stamp a small logo and another number. This is a early logo the later Canadian logo was smaller . Most type 4 remans were a sticker. Most of the NA reman engines were done in Canada.

IPB Image
mrbubblehead
car craft in riverside use to use those tags.
pbob42
QUOTE(mrbubblehead @ Mar 7 2013, 09:11 PM) *

car craft in riverside use to use those tags.

cked with car craft - not them. Any other ideas?
914Sixer
Take a chisel and cut the rivets and find out the factory number underneath. Since it is near the oil filler neck I am guessing it is a GA, GB case.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.