Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teener Windshields
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ventedrib
I need a windshield for my 73. I have an old high school buddy that owns a auto glass company, so I went to him thinking I might get a good deal. He qouted me a price of like $568.00 for a PPG windshield, I know PPG makes real good stuff but I thought that was a little steep. Is there any other brands that make a good windshield for less money than that.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(ventedrib @ Mar 7 2013, 12:01 PM) *

I need a windshield for my 73. I have an old high school buddy that owns a auto glass company, so I went to him thinking I might get a good deal. He qouted me a price of like $568.00 for a PPG windshield, I know PPG makes real good stuff but I thought that was a little steep. Is there any other brands that make a good windshield for less money than that.

Try the dealer, you might be surprised.
I got a new one about 4 years ago for $310. but that was with a discount through my friends shop. In years past the big challenge with non- German windshields was getting the trim to fit after the shield was glued in.
As for brands, Sigla, Securit and more recently Pilkington.
Good luck
ventedrib
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Mar 7 2013, 02:13 PM) *

QUOTE(ventedrib @ Mar 7 2013, 12:01 PM) *

Try the dealer, you might be surprised.
I got a new one about 4 years ago for $310. but that was with a discount through my friends shop. In years past the big challenge with non- German windshields was getting the trim to fit after the shield was glued in.
As for brands, Sigla, Securit and more recently Pilkington.
Good luck

Thats not to bad but 120 miles to dealer for me
chads74
I just had my windshield professionally replaced. I didn't have to worry about the chrome trim cause I had them put on the rubber replacement from 914rubber. Turned out looking great!

Below is the info in the bottom corner of the windshield. Good luck I know they can be expensive! I was lucky and have full glass coverage and got it replaced for $0 out of pocket.

Lamisafe Teck
AS1
DOT563
43R-001853
M848
Cairo94507
If you could get an NOS glass from POrsche, that is the way to go. The drive would be worth it IMO. Good luck.
LotusJoe
I replaced the windshield last March here in Southern California. $220.00 installed. It sounds like your guy is a bit high. confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
CMONNETT
They are still available from Porsche, I've ordered two for customers in the last couple of months. They weren't that expensive so I ordered one for my car as well.
euro911
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Mar 7 2013, 06:53 PM) *
I replaced the windshield last March here in Southern California. $220.00 installed. It sounds like your guy is a bit high. confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
Where, Joe?
KENNY
My windshield was around 220 to 230.
02loftsmoor
Looks good clean fit
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 10 2013, 01:34 AM) *

Click to view attachment
Where, Joe?

Yes...where in SoCal.
Thanks
rpmmaxxed
QUOTE(396 @ Mar 10 2013, 12:37 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Where, Joe?

Yes...where in SoCal.
Thanks

Not sure where in Southern California your located, but I got mine in Carlsbad(bout 3o minutes north of San Diego), for $160. I installed it myself, but I beleive the guy I got mine through installs for only around $30-$40. North Coast Auto Glass in Carlsbad. Fernando @ 760-716-6778. I'm pretty sure their site is www.northcoastautoglass.com
boogie_man

Click to view attachment
Where, Joe?

Freddie did his beerchug.gif Fred's Auto Glass 714 809 8500
jrrhdmust
Underneath the windsheild where there is a layer between the frame and the windsheild, is that glue? It almost looks like a seal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.