Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Patric Motorsports Delrin Suspension Bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
OU8AVW
I am restoring my front end now and I have a set of Patrick Motorsports bushings. They are delrin and seem to fit excellent. My 911 buddy says I won't like them and I would be better off using my original bushings. My autocross buddy says they should be great (he drives a BMW with delrin suspension bushings installed)

What says the brain trust here? confused24.gif

I can't afford a new set of Elephant Racing rubber bushings as I'm sure that's the obvious answer.
Randal
If you're doing some racing or looking for performance corning capability then go with the Patrick bushings.

Not sure whether they would be stiffer than you want for the street, but for racing they will be the ticket.

Bacause I race I use needle bearings in the front / back and they make a world of difference, but again, not sure whether they would be good for the street.

Not sure who has the needle bearings now. Maybe someone can pop in and say.
OU8AVW
Just street and fun road driving. Maybe an autocross or two but not dedicated. With these give me a harsh feel?
6freak
street car!..not a chance if i could take the cost back of doing it to my car and all the time and work i would ....AX/track car heck yes ....JMO good luck
smile.gif
pcar916
If the car is apart and assuming you don't have new stock bushings then I'd go for it. It does transform the handling.

Delrins are very sensitive to alignment and surface prep so to avoid binding and squeaking as well be diligent. But the rear bushings are equally important in the balance of your suspension.

That means that, if you want to, you can do the trailing arms with poly-bronze when you save up for them and redo the fronts when the Delrin wears out.

Good luck
Eric_Shea
I recommend rubber for your situation.
Ductech
My 2 cents is that the Delrin feels better going down the road than forty year old rubber. I have yet to pilot a 914 with fresh oem rubber so I can't give to much info... I like them. The car handles better. And my chassis makes less squeaky noises going down the road. I have Delrin suspension bushings up front. Along with gpr pillow balls. I love my all Delrin front end compared to worn rubber. The arm bushings took some clearancing to fit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.