Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Check out my Bday presents
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Who knew? My wife totally surprised me with these great gifts. These are actual old magazine adds that she had matted. mounted and framed. Pic quality sucks but they look great. Then to cap it off check out these salt n pepper shakers. She ordered them from Germany somewhere.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
tod914
first.gif and nicely framed! Happy Bday. I remember as a teenager cutting out all the Porsche ads from Road & Track and stapling them to my bedroom wall. Look pretty cool at the time.
Chris H.
Happy belated! Nice stuff...that'75 914 is the same color as mine. Very cool.
Spoke
They're all really cool.

About the pace Porsche, it looks like its leading a CanAm race but I don't see any McLaren M8F's behind the 917-30's. Were they already out of the series or just qualified poorly?
damesandhotrods
The M8F was a couple of seasons old and in the hands of the privateers by the time Mark Donohue showed up with the 917/30. The M20 raced against the 917-10 in 1972. McLaren dropped out at the end of ’72 because they could no longer fund there F1 team with Can Am winnings.
Cupomeat
Damn, imagine being able to buy a 917 for $143k...

(Not that I had it to spend, but I could mortgage the house, buy two and sell one for the profit)

LOVE that multi page 75 914 ad. The orange one is what I have (and nice to see them all wearing Mahle wheels..

VERY Good score on presents AND wife! beerchug.gif
KELTY360
So I take it you're going to keep the wife? shades.gif

Somewhere in my archives I have a shot of a '73 914 2.0 pacing the IROC 911 RSRs at Riverside Raceway. Also have pics of the Sunoco #6 917/30 that was running in the Can-Am race the same weekend. Mark Donohue won both the IROC and Can-Am races that weekend....and I locked the keys in my brand new 914!

Guess I better figure out how to get my scanner working.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.