Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Stop Half Arse Fix
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kaduku
You guys are aware of the issue of the driver's side door stop, when broken, makes an annoying clanking sound upon opening or closing. Well I have one, so I bought a very good condition unit from eBay to replace it.

Installed it yesterday and guess what, same problem. I realize the problem might be the part where the door stop attaches to or maybe even that bolt thingy. I suspect one of those are worn and not round anymore. Obviously, I was not happy!

I thought about just leaving out the door stop completely and be just extra careful (I know, not recommended). So what I did, and I know it will not last, is wedged a cut-off piece of a rubber grommet between the door stop arm and the receiving end on the car. It works and no clanking sound. The door closes smoothly and the door stop works as it should.

Half arse, but it works bootyshake.gif

Click to view attachment
Spoke
Trim it down and you're in good shape.

Had the same issue. Ended up getting a slightly larger bolt and carefully reamed out both support and latch until I had a tight fit.
Kaduku
QUOTE(Spoke @ Mar 9 2013, 02:29 PM) *

Trim it down and you're in good shape.

Had the same issue. Ended up getting a slightly larger bolt and carefully reamed out both support and latch until I had a tight fit.

Lol, yes I should trim that piece. I think I will try what you did with the larger bolt. Thanks for the idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.