Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uhoh, I'm in trouble...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
So the other day, Liz wub.gif casually asks me "hey, so how much have you (distinct emphasis on -you-) spent on that 914 anyway?"

(The daily visits from UPS and the large trailer showing up in the driveway must've been a tip off).

To make a long story short, I guess we're redecorating the upstairs unsure.gif Paint, floors, cabinets, bed linens, etc.

I shoulda figured it would catch up with me sometime. I must say, I would rather put money into the house than lots of other things/places these days.
GWN7
Could be worse, she could have wanted 1/2 with you gone. biggrin.gif Been there done that. wacko.gif
Don Wohlfarth
C'mon Chris, you didn't know that freight train was comin'? cool_shades.gif
Start keeping a journal of everything that is done to your car. BURN the receipts. Both you and your wife will sleep much better. beer.gif
Brad Roberts
I didnt realize your kid was talking already.... clap56.gif

"Mom, daddy puts all NEW parts in the orange car"

B
Jeroen
YOU ARE SO BUSTED ! ! !

biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Gint
My problem is time. The wife keeps asking me when I'll be able to go do stuff instead of working on the car. All I have to do is ask her if she has a couple of extra grand so I can pay someone else to do the work I'm doing. The entire thing ends right there.
fuch toy
QUOTE(campbellcj @ May 18 2003, 10:40 PM)
So the other day, Liz wub.gif casually asks me "hey, so how much have you (distinct emphasis on -you-) spent on that 914 anyway?"

(The daily visits from UPS and the large trailer showing up in the driveway must've been a tip off).

To make a long story short, I guess we're redecorating the upstairs unsure.gif Paint, floors, cabinets, bed linens, etc.

I shoulda figured it would catch up with me sometime. I must say, I would rather put money into the house than lots of other things/places these days.

Let's see....in the last 4 years.....hardwood floors, patios covers in the front AND rear, solid core doors up stairs, paint and hardware, HUGE retaining wall....NOW she wants another bathroom upstairs......all this done before the 356 project.

I opened up the books and SHOWED her that MY net expenses are negative on the 356....buy low sell high....she still bitches about the parts..... blink.gif
Lawrence
Books?

You keep a papertrail? Geez, I thought you were smarter than that. ;-)

-Rusty
L8Apex
game over :gilloutine:
campbellcj
Glad to hear I'm not alone.

I pay all of the bills and file all of the receipts away from sight. So she doesn't know the exact "magnitude" of these projects over the last few years, but I'm sure she has a guesstimate.

We went to Home Depot twice last weekend...I'm doomed... mellow.gif
L8Apex
you should get her to check out this msg board. then you'll really get busted. hahaha smlove2.gif
Qarl
You got off easy! My wife is building a 5,000 sq foot house in the most expensive neighborhood in town to compensate for all my 914 spending!

But at least I'll have my OWN garage for my cars and a workshop. She has her own side for her Suburban, and all her Christmas decorations (four trees worth!).

Regards,
72Signal914
Hey Karl where are you building the house?
Qarl
Lake Nona.
need4speed
Well, I figure that if I get to spend as much on my toys as I've spent remodling the house, I reckon I could go pick up a clean 73 911 R/S. . .
Qarl
If I spent as much money as my wife has on collecting crap over the years(beanie babies, artwork, art glass, scrap booking stuff, shall I go on?), I coulda bought that 916 for sale!

Oh well, at least they let us play with our toys!

Regards,
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(72Signal914 @ May 19 2003, 11:08 AM)
Hey Karl where are you building the house?

OT ...but, is that the new tshirt logo? looks sweet biggrin.gif (grinning ear to ear)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.