Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Investment grade 1973 Porsche 914 roadster Survivor 55,000 Original Miles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
pvl959
1973 Porsche 914 - $26,000

Incredible condition, one of the best in the world at this time.
Extensive work went into the clean rustfree example.
So nice was the car that there was never any rust anywhere
at anytime (including the hellhole.) It also had very nice paint and interior.

Body- Soda-blasted the original paint off to bare metal, etch primed,
epoxy primed, sanded and painted with base clear in the correct original metallic silver.

Interior- redone only where needed, seats, panels in immaculate condition, new heavy plush carpets.

Engine-Rebuilt top end, valves, guides, all engine tins, grating, jack, handbrake handle etc. powdercoated in gloss black, exhaust in light grey.

55,000 Original Miles

Brakes all gone through with new pads, rotors, wheel bearings.

Driving is pleasant with very tight feel with light steering.

Documented paperwork from new in 1973, 5 pages of build diary
from beginning, very new appearance throughout.

These vehicles, when documented from original and kept in incredible condition, show highest potential for extreme growth. As other Porsches (356) have shown investment level cars of this caliber the
ones to hold on to. Rare opportunity for such a exemplary 914.

See the build diary here on the restore, completely disassembled and
rebuilt.

http://www.restoreporsche.com/?page_id=447

Click to view attachment
toolguy
wacko.gif
Where's the price ??
Nine_14
Asking 26k on ebay
Evil914
Even though we all like 914s'I don't think I would go as far as to compare the 914 to the 356............
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Evil914 @ Mar 21 2013, 02:09 PM) *

Even though we all like 914s'I don't think I would go as far as to compare the 914 to the 356............

Just curious - why not?

Simple, lightweight, fun to drive...affordable.
wes
well I remember not that far back when 356s where just a bunch of old under powered rust buckets and you could pick one up for little of nothing
Evil914
QUOTE(wes @ Mar 22 2013, 08:41 AM) *

well I remember not that far back when 356s where just a bunch of old under powered rust buckets and you could pick one up for little of nothing

Kind of like 914s laugh.gif just kidding
Evil914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Mar 21 2013, 05:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Evil914 @ Mar 21 2013, 02:09 PM) *

Just curious - why not?

Simple, lightweight, fun to drive...affordable.

I agree on the your first three but I'm not too sure about affordable part.The motor seems to be a major money pit if you want to do one right and if you don't start out with a body thats not been ravaged by rust it can add up real fast if you don't have welding/fab skills to remove the cancer.I love the 914 but I don't understand how you can buy fine quality parts for VW bugs but not for VW/914.It's not like the production of type 4 parts can cost any more than Type 1.That's why I bought a V8 914 to try and make it affordable.(Plus there is no match for the scary fast part! ) And I've not seen too many affordable 356s here in Texas,most bring pretty big bucks unless they are beat/rusted to death.Not trying to be too disagreeable,just my opinion. smile.gif
laflaur
Funny how the first nailed item on this page says "do not comment on ads,then everybody comments.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.