Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do I keep the Headlamps Up?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kaduku
There must be a way to do this.

I want to replace my headlamp shrouds with re-painted ones, but can't figure out how to turn off the lights while they are up.

Help!
Steve
Pull out the round relay on the side and manually turn them up with the round knob.
Kaduku
QUOTE(Steve @ Mar 10 2013, 08:50 AM) *

Pull out the round relay on the side and manually turn them up with the round knob.

Aha, I knew there was a way, but did not thought it would be this way. Thank you!!!!!
SirAndy
- Open the front lid
- Pull the light switch to make them come up
- Remove the relays for the motor on both sides
- Turn off the lights

NOTE: The moment you put the relays back in they *will* go down! Make sure your fingers are nowhere near the lights ...
smash.gif
Kaduku
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 10 2013, 08:56 AM) *

- Open the front lid
- Pull the light switch to make them come up
- Remove the relays for the motor on both sides
- Turn off the lights

NOTE: The moment you put the relays back in they *will* go down! Make sure your fingers are nowhere near the lights ...
smash.gif

Aha, I knew ther must be several ways to approach this! aktion035.gif

McMark
Yup, and...

Pull out the headlight switch. Disconnect the battery.
Kaduku
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 10 2013, 09:05 AM) *

Yup, and...

Now this I did thought about doing, just a little more work that I wanted to do.
Rand
QUOTE(Kaduku @ Mar 10 2013, 09:36 AM) *

Yup, and...

Now this I did thought about doing, just a little more work that I wanted to do.

Loosening one nut is too much work? wacko.gif All you would have to do is pull the negative cable off.
Kaduku
QUOTE(Rand @ Mar 10 2013, 09:42 AM) *

QUOTE(Kaduku @ Mar 10 2013, 09:36 AM) *

Yup, and...

Loosening one nut is too much work? wacko.gif All you would have to do is pull the negative cable off.

Lololol yes, it is a lot for me. First I would have to find a tool to do it blink.gif

Kaduku
Okay now I will really sound stupid. Tell me if I am wrong, but I am assuming the round relay is the round knob at the top of the cylindrical part?

If it is, do I pull it up and turn it?

mrbubblehead
QUOTE(Kaduku @ Mar 10 2013, 10:00 AM) *

Okay now I will really sound stupid. Tell me if I am wrong, but I am assuming the round relay is the round knob at the top of the cylindrical part?

If it is, do I pull it up and turn it?
the round knob is what you twist to raise the light. the round relay is lower, toward the spare tire.
Rand
The round knob at the back of the headlight motor that turns is what manually moves the headlight up and down. It will be a continuous motion rotating the same direction.

Be careful! If there is power, and you rotate that knob to move the headlights, and they hit the end of the throw, they can automatically engage the motor to close. Like Andy said, watch your fingers!

The relays are more towards the inside of the trunk on the sidewall. A couple inches in diameter.

-----oops, mrbubblehead beat me to it. smile.gif
Eric_Shea
Relays should be under the covers (oh no... 4 more screws). You sure you don't want to take a 13mm wrench to the ground strap? biggrin.gif

Relay is the smaller round piece below the rubber armature cover. Round knob on the back of the motor is the manual raise/lower mechanism:
IPB Image

Outer Cover:
IPB Image
Kaduku
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 10 2013, 10:45 AM) *

Relays should be under the covers (oh no... 4 more screws). You sure you don't want to take a 13mm wrench to the ground strap? biggrin.gif

That's what I thought, inside that plastic cover. Thanks again folks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.