Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 29:21 (TL) 915 Trans 5th Gear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
RON S.

Very shortly, I'll be receiving one of Martin Bott's 916 transmission kits for the 915 tranny.

When I pull the transmission, and open the box to install the kit, I'd like to put a taller 5th gear in it, because as it is now, 75mph on the interstate is 4000rpm.

To high for comfort.

I figured I'd post here also as someone may have one here.

Mike maybe???

PM, EM, or reply, I'll get the message.
Steve
I did a WTB on Pelicans 911 used parts site to get mine.
RON S.
QUOTE(Steve @ Mar 12 2013, 06:52 PM) *

I did a WTB on Pelicans 911 used parts site to get mine.

Steve,
Already done it.

I'm posting anywhere I think I can get a hit. So far, only one possible, but the guy hasn't returned a PM request for pics of what he says he has...

Still looking...
Ron,
How about a 38/30 off of the 80-86 915? I have an a very mileage one if you need it.
Congrats with the 916 stuff...I had to back out and focus on my 96 VRAM ( RS cams / valves )
RON S.
QUOTE(396 @ Mar 14 2013, 09:09 AM) *

Ron,
How about a 38/30 off of the 80-86 915? I have an a very mileage one if you need it.
Congrats with the 916 stuff...I had to back out and focus on my 96 VRAM ( RS cams / valves )

Thanks for the congrats. Parts have shipped, and the tracking# is in hand. Parts are sitting in customs.

Thanks for the gear offer, but I'll still have to pass.
.78 ratio is only a 5% reduction in RPM. Gotta hold out for a 29:21 .72
12% reduction there.
Mike Bellis
Carquip in Colorado will have it in stock most likely.
RON S.
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Mar 14 2013, 06:03 PM) *

Carquip in Colorado will have it in stock most likely.

I have actually considered them as a last resort, and will probably call if I can't get any reply on the 3-4 boards I'm posting to.

I am holding out for a private sale. Every time I've called parts dismantlers for seemingly small items, it appears their pricing usually amounts to piles of hundred dollar bills... dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.