Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help adding rear negative camber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
sixaddict
Just corded another rear tire on outboard edge due to in adequate negative camber...Unable to get more than 1.8 - 1.9 ...All shims out.....
How can it be done without chopping up the car. Looking for at least 2.5
Thanks
Terry
Krieger
I spoke to Chris at tangerine racing about this once. He sells his own trailing arm brackets that he might be able to build with a little more camber.
Woody
How low is the car?
SirAndy
Stupid idea, but maybe a custom shim that is cut at an angle?
Thin on the outside and thick on the inside.

In theory, that should give you more negative camber ...
idea.gif
sixaddict
Thanks
Spoke to Chris this morning and first thing he said is LOWER the car....Or he should have said it in caps ...Been debating that with shop but he added some valuable info. May need to move spindles a bit to allow front to match but I am betting we are going down !

Thanks

SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 11 2013, 10:48 AM) *

Stupid idea, but maybe a custom shim that is cut at an angle?
Thin on the outside and thick on the inside.

In theory, that should give you more negative camber ...
idea.gif

Well, after giving this some more thought, the wedge would only work if you relocated (lowered) the mounting hole on the inner suspension ear.

Still, that might be a viable option ...
smash.gif
spaceshuttle
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Mar 11 2013, 10:30 AM) *

Thanks
Spoke to Chris this morning and first thing he said is LOWER the car....Or he should have said it in caps ...Been debating that with shop but he added some valuable info. May need to move spindles a bit to allow front to match but I am betting we are going down !

Thanks

Good thing you made your splitter/air dam removeable
naro914
Yes, you need to lower it.
And sell the 17" and go back to 16" wheels.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.