Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 914 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
chipparmelly
Selling my 1974 1.8, although not really wanting to.

The negatives:
Passenger door had a few dents from a run in with a drill press. I had the dents professionally removed and unfortunately the paint is not a perfect match. The door is darker that the rest of the car. The rear trunk lid was painted by me and it was not a good job. Missing passenger front chrome grill cover. Paid for one from a guy in PA but he will not send it??? His name is Danny Hunter and I would never do business with him again. Total scammer and a rip off!The car runs finally and sounds very good. The idle is a bit off and I think it may be a fuel ignition adjustment issue.
[b]The positives:
I purchased the car in August of 2011. I thought it only needed a mass air flow sensor but found out soon enough that it was more than that. (Purchased a new mass air flow sensor).The starter was not working but found out it was a relay under the passenger seat. Had that fixed, put a good starter on. New ignition switch, new front brake calipers, new 911 master cylinder, rebuilt rear calipers, gas lines and all new fuses. When I purchased the car I came to find out the hell hole was rusted out, the longs on both sides of the car were in bad shape. I had a professional welder repair the hell hole area, weld the bracket supports for the rear trunk lid and repair the longs. The entire car in my opinion is totally rust free and the body looks very good except for a few very minor issues.
A previous owner evidently repaired the floor panels under the driver and passenger sides. They were only small areas and not the entire floor sections. I have also replaced both rockers, chrome bumpers, good rubber top pieces, repainted the front and rear trunks, completely rebuilt the door panels and recovered with the blue vinyl that came with the car when I purchased. Many small items have been replaced or fixed that I just can't remember doing in the past 18 months. The car is running and gets looks where ever I take it. Lots of people have friends or relatives that owned them back in the day and they want to tell me all about it.
I truly hate the idea of parting with this car as I know that it is not far away from being nearly pefect. You just can't imagine how much stuff these little cars need and how pricey the parts are. I have numerous spare parts that I would consider parting with such as starters, alternators, extra targa tops, a/c system minus the fan, burst exhaust and many other items of interest.
I am looking for $6000 as I know I have much more than that invested.
Please give me a call at 214-686-2136 or email me at chip.parmelly@coldwellbanker.com

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=373
933]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=373929]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentSelling my 1974 1.8, although not really wanting to.
badmiata
Nice looking car, wish I had the money!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.