Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: VDO Clock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mblizzard
I did a search for clocks for sale and most of the ones listed had sold or the price was higher than what you could buy one on evil bay.

But I would like to have a center console VDO clock that works. I currently have a cylinder head temperature guage that I will no longer be needing if anyone is intrested.

I am currently sorting out a mess of wires so I am not sure how fast I will be able to move on this. Just thought I would test the waters to see if any were available in the below 75 range.
poorsche914
Mike,

I may have a clock. Will have to find it and test to be sure it works correctly. Might even be interested in swapping for the head temp gauge.

steve
Tom_T
Mike,

It looks like you have a beautiful Anacona Blue metallic 75-76, so you'll want a later Quartz Zeit clock to fit that MY (see more at p914.com).

You can also get a non-working Quartz Zeit original clock, then send it off to Palo Alto Speedo or North Hollywood Speedo for restoration/repair or replacement of the workings - as another alternative in your search.

You also might want to keep the wiring intact for & that CHT gauge to use in an auxiliary gauge mount. VDO sells them for under dash in 1, 2 & 3 guage sizes, but I think you can also make a clean 2 gauge mount on a "spare" ashtray, which you can then swap out when you want to or if you need an ashtray.

I think I'll do that myself, for a CHT + OP gauge on the modified ashtray for my post-resto driving use, just to keep better track of the operating parameters of my 73 2L. I can then put in the ashtray for CW events.

Just a couple of other ideas on the clock & gauge question!
popcorn[1].gif
SteveFB91
I have a clock from a 75. I'll also need to see if it works correctly though, and what condition it's in.
Mblizzard
Tom I am not sure what type of clock was in it. I have the original window sticker and sales material but it does not specify the type. I had assumed the clock was VDO.

The PO added in a 3 gauge cluster that in my opinion detracts from the cars appearance. I was planning on removing the gauges and seeing if any of the original wire harness is still usable. From an electrical view it needs a lot of work.

While I like the idea of the cylinder head temp gauge, I am not anticipating driving the carina way that makes having it a requirement. Sure I will have some fun but someone like Steve may get more use out of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.