Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Misc /6 stuff...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lawrence
I replaced the speedo cable, and had time to look at some other stuff. The replacement didn't work out as easily as I planned - mostly because the old cable was misrouted by the DPO. So, I did remove most of the interior.

While I was under the car, I removed and cleaned the angle drive. This one appeared to be original, so I'm planning on getting another to have on hand.

The angle drive screws into an aluminum part (cylinder shaped, that my catalog calls a "boot") that goes into the transmission housing to hold the speedo drive shaft in place. I have a small leak coming from there (probably the o-ring or seal ring inside). The boot should be held in place by a setscrew and threaded insert.

My concern is that the setscrew and insert are very tight - but this aluminum piece has a small wiggle to it. Do I have a problem?

Also, on the accelerator linkage, at the two bell cranks, I appear to be missing bushings. Does anyone know if these are available? Stoddard's printed catalog carries them as NLA.

-Rusty
Gint
You talking about the bushings at the manifold bellcrank? Larsen says Rabbit shifeter bushings same thing. I bought a set from him for $5 that worked great.
Brad Roberts
I just bought bushings from HPH for the blue6.. he has a stash of them. I actually replaced all the bushings.

Your end cover is hosed.. It will leak if you dont get it tight.

B
Lawrence
Yeah, that bellcrank and the one at the transmission. With my calibrated eyeball, they appear to be the same size.

I'll give him a shout. Thanks.
Brad Roberts
He has a new parts guy named Rick.. super nice guy. Not quite up to speed yet on the factory 6 parts but he is getting there.

B
Lawrence
So am I looking at replacing the end cover?

Hey Brad, do you know if Rich stocks an angle drive and a set of pedal cluster bushings? It'll just be easier to do one purchase.

-Rusty
Brad Roberts
I know he has the bronze bushings in stock... and should have the angle drive (new and used).

Even "I" stock the bronze pedal bushings...LOL

B
Lawrence
I'm cheap, but even I fail to see the economy in getting a used angle drive.

-Rusty boldblue.gif
Brad Roberts
Rich would only keep good used ones..

I dont recall what the new price is.

Let us know...

B
Lawrence
Will do.

Did you get my mail about the door?
Brad Roberts
I havent checked email in almost 4 days....so NO I havent.

I will check email at the office today. Busy few months ahead with 6 914 projects:

3.6 project
3.0 conversion
WEVO 915 upgrade in 3.2 9146
V8 914 conversion
914 4 repair
930 4 speed conversion in current V8 car.

Little busy...

B
Lawrence
Quit being so lazy, and get your mail. ;-)

-Rusty
Brad Roberts
Can you PLEASE post the MUSR here ?? I need dates/times.. I want to bring out 2 914's.

B
Brad Roberts
I'm not quite sure why Charlie cant post it here... I know he is not putting it on this year "per se" but.. there is no reason not to access this group of 700 some odd people.

B
Lawrence
I'll get on it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.