Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just got a harness bar - now what?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tadink
HI guys -

anyone have any pix of how you have run your shoulder straps over the harness bar?

straight loop over the top or once around?

any style points available for creative solutions here?

show me please -

thanks

td
Dave_Darling
Two schools of thought on this. One says to just wrap the straps around the bar. The other says to put them over the bar and hook them to eye-bolts on the firewall, with BIG washers.

I chose the former, but I think the latter may be the preferred method when practicable. Ah, found the pics.

http://members.rennlist.org/damp_dave/belts.html

--DD
PlaysWithCars
I agree with wrapping around the harness bar. Running them down to eye bolts in the firewall doubles the load on the harness bar and doesn't add any factor of safety.

Dave - you should replace the hairpin clips in your anchor latches w/ cotter pins.
carr914
The Belts should be secured to the firewall (via Eye Bolts) and ideally be a couple feet below the Harness Bar.

I don't know of any 914 Harness Bar that is strong enough by itself to just wrap the Belts.

The only Harness Bar I would put Straps to is the Brey-Krause Bar for a 911. It's DOT Approved and looks like a Rocket Scientist came up with it

Click to view attachment
toadman
There is a lot of good info here:
http://www.schrothracing.com/sdocs/2009_Co...nstructions.pdf
Dasnowman
QUOTE(toadman @ Mar 13 2013, 04:50 PM) *

^^^That is some really good info there^^^^ smilie_pokal.gif

tadink
thanks guys -

I've got the belts running over the harness bar to a thru-bolt on the firewall - big washers. The geometry looks right to me - I'll post some pix when I get back to the car this week. I'd be hesitant to just rely on the bar itself as the anchor point - prefer to loop over the bar and down to the bolt in the firewall....

thanks

td
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.