Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free parts! 1976 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
billh1963
Before I scrap this car, I am opening up the car for free parts. Note: I will be adding additional jackstands for support once parts start getting pulled.

The only things you CANNOT have are the engine/transmission, gauge cluster and the rear trunk lid.

Everything else is up for grabs. What is available? Everything....brakes, suspension, interior bits, front hood, gas tank, lights, targa top, fiberglass flares, bumpers, etc....

What's the catch? You have to come get it yourself. I will not pull parts, ship parts, nor even take any pictures beyond those you see below (I might make an excepton on pictures if you are nice). I will make the car available through April and then it's gone. You must bring your own tools.

The car is in Orangeburg, SC (that's South Carolina... you know...one of the original 13 colonies)

How will this work?

Post on this thread what parts you want and the weekend you plan to come get them. Try to be reasonably specific on the parts you want so that people know what is or isn't available.

Click to view attachment
billh1963
Click to view attachment
914itis
Bill, is the winshield good?
pnewman
Someone has to have a race car that could use those flares!

Organ donation is good Kharma!
billh1963
Just looked and it's dirty but don't see any cracks, chips, etc. in the windshield.
billh1963
QUOTE(pnewman @ Mar 13 2013, 07:26 PM) *

Someone has to have a race car that could use those flares!

Organ donation is good Kharma!

The board has been good to me and I have too many parts as it is. Time to "share the love"
mepstein
Bill - Please save me the headlight switch. Thanks, mark
...and nice of you to - pay it forward.
johnpierre
i would like the shift knob, and if it is a 1.7 i need the engine badge. jp,oops didn't read the fine print about, not shipping. oh well...
'73-914kid
Why do you have to be on the east coast..haha

Any chance we can work something out on those flares bill? I know you want things picked up, but maybe if some money for you labor, and then shpping cost was involved..?

Let me know, Ethan
euro911
Can I have the paint job laugh.gif
JmuRiz
I can't make it down to pick, but that hood would make some sweet garage wall art!

If anyone goes down and sees if the keys/ignition/locks are in good shape...I'll pay to have them shipped.
billh1963
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Mar 13 2013, 07:48 PM) *

Why do you have to be on the east coast..haha

Any chance we can work something out on those flares bill? I know you want things picked up, but maybe if some money for you labor, and then shpping cost was involved..?

Let me know, Ethan

Over the next few weeks I'll be getting my TR6 ready for car shows that start in April so i just won't have the time to mess with pulling parts. Maybe you guys can get together and get someone to pull all the parts for you and then ship?
'73-914kid
Thats fine Bill, i understand where youre coming from.

If anyone wouldnt mind doing that for me, i'll make it worth your wild.. i tentatively claim the flares...haha
GaroldShaffer
idea.gif Road trip???
johnpierre
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 13 2013, 03:54 PM) *

ha ha ha...
johnpierre
me to. if anyone is going down and can pull the shift knob and engine badge (only 1.7) i will pay. smile.gif
914Pro
If anyone goes to get some parts I would be more than happy to pay them to ship me the seat bottoms and the radio.
ThePaintedMan
If you guys all pool up enough money to pay my way up there I could make the drive to SC to pull parts smile.gif What is it, 14 hours from Florida, I think? Holy crap, just checked - I was way off. Only 8 hours from me! I'd love to meet Bill!
dfelz
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Mar 13 2013, 08:38 PM) *

If you guys all pool up enough money to pay my way up there I could make the drive to SC to pull parts smile.gif What is it, 14 hours from Florida, I think? Holy crap, just checked - I was way off. Only 8 hours from me! I'd love to meet Bill!

Hey George.... If you DO end up going, I'd be in for those sexy pink side mirrors, the front turn signal covers, the interior light (if present), and tail light housings and covers. And since Ethan claimed the flares dry.gif , we can share a shipping box since we go to school together. And of course will toss in some extra coins for your gas biggrin.gif

Thanks! beerchug.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Mar 13 2013, 11:38 PM) *

Come on up! It's rare that I get a chance to show off the Confederate 914 Museum biggrin.gif

I have a spare bedroom you can use.

Just let me know when so I can make sure I'm not traveling. April 6th is out for sure.
trojanhorsepower
Bill,

What part of SC are you in? I would like to come down and get some parts, or at least help with the tear down. I am not too far from parts of SC and would love to help.
dlee6204
QUOTE(trojanhorsepower @ Mar 14 2013, 07:51 PM) *

Bill,

What part of SC are you in? I would like to come down and get some parts, or at least help with the tear down. I am not too far from parts of SC and would love to help.

Roadtrip! driving.gif
trojanhorsepower
Sound good to me!
'73-914kid
Is there anyone out there that is seriously planning on making the trip to go get stuff? Please pm so we can work something out about shipping those flares, and the parts that Dfelz wants.

Thank you so much, Ethan
914itis
Bill if the windshield can be remove without cracking it, My brother will be driving from atlanta to get it and some other small parts. assuming that these bracket shown are the only thing holding it.
jeeperjohn56
Bill, I'll take the sun visor clips if they are available.I'll pay shipping to 94531 Ca. John
billh1963
QUOTE(914itis @ Mar 17 2013, 06:44 PM) *

Bill if the windshield can be remove without cracking it, My brother will be driving from atlanta to get it and some other small parts. assuming that these bracket shown are the only thing holding it.

paul,
I don't know if the clamps are the only thing holding it in or not. He is welcome to stop by. Just send me a PM on time and date.

Bill
billh1963
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Mar 17 2013, 07:03 PM) *

Bill, I'll take the sun visor clips if they are available.I'll pay shipping to 94531 Ca. John

John...this is a "pick and pull" deal. You might be able to team up with someone pulling parts.

However, at this point no one has signed up to come and pull anything. I guess it's not worth the drive. I'll probably just pull the trunk lid and engine/transmission and scrap the rest.
boogie_man
QUOTE(johnpierre @ Mar 13 2013, 07:17 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 13 2013, 03:54 PM) *

ha ha ha...

I miss the 80s.....
mepstein
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 18 2013, 06:37 PM) *

QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Mar 17 2013, 07:03 PM) *

John...this is a "pick and pull" deal. You might be able to team up with someone pulling parts.

However, at this point no one has signed up to come and pull anything. I guess it's not worth the drive. I'll probably just pull the trunk lid and engine/transmission and scrap the rest.

Bring it to the next EEC
trojanhorsepower
Bill,
It looks like a 3.5 hr ride for me, but if we can work the schedule out I am still interested in helping. Have you got any dates in mind?
914itis
Bill, will you be Available this coming Friday?
billh1963
QUOTE(914itis @ Mar 18 2013, 08:42 PM) *

Bill, will you be Available this coming Friday?

Saturday and Sunday....make sure he brings whatever tools he needs!

If he thinks he can make it let me know and I'll give you my address.

Thanks,
bill
914itis
Ok will let you know by wednesday
'73-914kid

"However, at this point no one has signed up to come and pull anything. I guess it's not worth the drive. I'll probably just pull the trunk lid and engine/transmission and scrap the rest."

nooooooo! Someone, anyone... please..drill those flares off for me.. haha I'll pay you to do it...
ThePaintedMan
Ethan and others,
Its a bit of a drive for me which will take up a whole weekend. There really isn't anything left on the car that I need personally, so I'd be doing it for charity. I'd love to have the flares as well, but Ethan spoke for them first, and they would just sit if I had them.

If trojanhorsepower and/or Paul's brother will be there soon, I'll wait for them. If not, and you guys really want the parts, I'll make the trip. I'd rather just let someone closer pick over the car first. Either way, you guys would at least have to cover my gas up there and back smile.gif

Still would like to meet Bill. We'll see what happens.
914itis
I will make you guys a deal (interested parties) Fly me over to Ga for the weekend and I will take the drive to sc. with my brother spend the day taking out what you request and have my brother ship them to each of you. If we have three interested parties, it would cost less in gas and tolls . Let me know, we are available this weekend.
'73-914kid
I'll take you up on that if we can get 2 or 3 more interested. beerchug.gif
914itis
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Mar 19 2013, 12:43 AM) *

Lets see what happened . We would have to move fast since as it gets closer the ticket will climb up.

'73-914kid
QUOTE(914itis @ Mar 18 2013, 09:53 PM) *

Lets see what happened . We would have to move fast since as it gets closer the ticket will climb up.

Any idea what that ticket would cost? It would be nice to figure out the cost per person.
914itis
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Mar 19 2013, 12:54 AM) *

QUOTE(914itis @ Mar 18 2013, 09:53 PM) *

Any idea what that ticket would cost? It would be nice to figure out the cost per person.

I just checked and as of now, it is $455, and of course I would pick up a fraction of the cost as well.
billh1963
914itis' brother and nephew are here pulling parts in the cold rain. 914itis owes his brother big time! laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

914itis
I guest he made it. I have been trying to reach him... It's more like, he owes me.

Thanks Bill
billh1963
Major progress being made...didn't realize there was so much stuff under the dash!
914itis
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 23 2013, 03:03 PM) *

Major progress being made...didn't realize there was so much stuff under the dash!

Sorry Ethan, the flares were hard to come off with rusted nuts. He couldn't get them off for you without damage.
billh1963
QUOTE(914itis @ Mar 23 2013, 05:31 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 23 2013, 03:03 PM) *

Sorry Ethan, the flares were hard to come off with rusted nuts. He couldn't get them off for you without damage.

He got one off....after much effort. Someone with the right combination of tools might have an easier time of it. smile.gif

I gave your brother a price on the engine/transmission (with dual webers) and the wheels if he wanted to tow it back so you could finish stripping it down.
914itis
Ethan David ,
pm me your details for the side mirrors.
'73-914kid
I appreciate the effort in flare removal. I never thought about them being rusted on there.. Bill, any idea what all it would take to get them pulled off? bigger smash.gif haha

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.