Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L-jet minimum fi parts required
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
What are the L-jet fi parts required? I was just thinking less is more...

Thoughts

Regards

James
MrKona
I think they're all required. Seriously, I doubt the factory included any extra parts. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(jesiv @ Mar 13 2013, 06:19 PM) *

What are the L-jet fi parts required? I was just thinking less is more...

Thoughts

Regards

James

Mike Bellis
All of them...
jesiv
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Mar 13 2013, 06:31 PM) *

All of them...

What about the erg and items like that?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(jesiv @ Mar 13 2013, 06:35 PM) *

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Mar 13 2013, 06:31 PM) *

All of them...

What about the erg and items like that?

Do you mean EGR? Not exactly part of the FI system. On a new computer controlled EFI system the EGR is integrated into the system.
timothy_nd28
If you're not in a cold climate enviornment, you can lose the cold start valve. The anti backfire/ decel valve seems optional, mines off and runs fine. Your aux air valve isn't needed to start the car, many of them are seized and not working on others. The key items would be the brain, dual relay, resistor pack, CHT, airflow meter and a good rubber boot.
Black22
agree.gif You beat me to it Tim.
timothy_nd28
Also the thermo time switch isn't all important, if you live in a warm climate
Drums66
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Mar 13 2013, 07:26 PM) *

If you're not in a cold climate enviornment, you can lose the cold start valve. The anti backfire/ decel valve seems optional, mines off and runs fine. Your aux air valve isn't needed to start the car, many of them are seized and not working on others. The key items would be the brain, dual relay, resistor pack, CHT, airflow meter and a good rubber boot.

.....And of course, no negative air leaks idea.gif (major cause for grief)
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif(vacuum)
jesiv
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Mar 14 2013, 11:13 AM) *

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Mar 13 2013, 07:26 PM) *

.....And of course, no negative air leaks idea.gif (major cause for grief)
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif(vacuum)

Thank you!! This is what I was looking for
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.