Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914outlaw
How do you know if a 914/6 is a matching #s car?
Can anyone tell how to go about verifying if a 914/6 has the original engine and trans?
Cairo94507
You will need a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) available from Porsche Cars of North America for around $100.
914outlaw
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 13 2013, 10:55 PM) *

You will need a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) available from Porsche Cars of North America for around $100.

Ok thanks. I'll looked into that and I have the form. It says that it takes 4-6 weeks for delivery. Does anyone know if you call their 800 #, whether they can or will confirm the numbers over the phone?
Trying to confirm the numbers before I consider buying.
Tom_T
QUOTE(dpires914 @ Mar 13 2013, 07:31 PM) *

Ok thanks. I'll looked into that and I have the form. It says that it takes 4-6 weeks for delivery. Does anyone know if you call their 800 #, whether they can or will confirm the numbers over the phone?

They may do so for you, but you may have to go up the ladder to get somebody to do so. You'd think they would with the value of -6's lately.

You'd probably have to give them the VIN, engine & transaxle case numbers - or send pix of them via email, to get them to affirm or not if they match as claimed by the seller (I assume).

If you get stuck with the COA staff/managers, then send me an email & I can give you the email for the guy who was the GM of that customer care division (hopefully he's still in charge now), who I had to escalate up to in order to get past one of their mid-level managers to actually give customer service to correct their errors!

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 13 2013, 10:06 PM) *

They may do so for you, but you may have to go up the ladder to get somebody to do so. You'd think they would with the value of -6's lately.

You'd probably have to give them the VIN, engine & transaxle case numbers - or send pix of them via email, to get them to affirm or not if they match as claimed by the seller (I assum
If you get stuck with the COA staff/managers, then send me an email & I can give you the email for the guy who was the GM of that customer care division (hopefully he's still in charge now), who I had to escalate up to in order to get past one of their mid-level managers to actually give customer service to correct their errors!

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Forget all that busines
Know your VIN ?
Call Porsche Cars North America 800 322 2436 Ex. 5
Open a case and you'll get a call back in a few days with your info.
You'll have the choice to buy the COA or not.
Easy as pie.
914outlaw
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Mar 14 2013, 08:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 13 2013, 10:06 PM) *

You'd probably have to give them the VIN, engine & transaxle case numbers - or send pix of them via email, to get them to affirm or not if they match as claimed by the seller (I assum

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Forget all that busines
Know your VIN ?
Call Porsche Cars North America 800 322 2436 Ex. 5
Open a case and you'll get a call back in a few days with your info.
You'll have the choice to buy the COA or not.
Easy as pie.

Thanks for the information.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.