Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Props to Stoddard NLA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
I ordered something from them online about a week or two back and their website had a glitch. I changed my address when I was placing the order but when I clicked the tab to actually execute the order, an old address came up. Problem is, I haven't lived there in quite a while and so it wouldn't be fowarded. I sent them an email through the contact us on their website and got nothing in return in the next couple days so I called. The guy I talked to 'changed my address in the system' and said it hadn't been sent. When I still didn't have it by yesterday, more than a week after placing the order, I called today. First I got a guy in Reno??? I didn't know Stoddard had a location in Reno! He said the order had been sent out of Ohio and that it was indeed sent to that very old address. So I called Ohio. No problem she said, I'll send you another 'cause more than likely the people at that old address are just going to go 'whoohoo!' free Porsche parts! lol-2.gif

What if it gets forwarded I asked?

Keep it. blink.gif

Cool peeps and I hear they carry those PMB brakes too if you don't want to deal with the Erc! evilgrin.gif
euro911
Hmmm idea.gif ... I was just planning on ordering $100k worth of parts from Stoddard happy11.gif

Maybe the recipient is an honest individual and will refuse the shipment or notify the shipper, then Stoddard can issue a call tag for the misdirected shipment confused24.gif
sbsix
Stoddard parts department has always treated me great. I always try to look for a NLA part through them first. Last thing I ordered from them was a NLA shift knob and the parts gal apologized to me for the price. They have a knack for finding some hard to get obscure small pieces for me that make it fun.
reharvey
Stoddard is less than an hour from my home so I've visited there many times. They had a swap meet there every summer for many years. Never missed it because the stuff on display in the show room and body shop was worth the trip. The swap meet has moved to their warehouse location across town and isn't nearly as good anymore. The people in the parts dept. are always there to please and know what they are talking about. It is true that they have NOS parts sitting around. My best find was a pair of NOS black seat cushions.
Tom_T
...and I understand that our own Mark/Mikey914 of 914Rubber is also making rubber 356 & 911/912 parts for them now too! smile.gif
... or will be soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.