Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subscribed threads ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
AAAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDDYYYYYYYYYY Mine are all gone !! hissyfit.gif Any idea what happened ? confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 17 2013, 11:59 AM) *
Any idea what happened ?

Yes. Yes, i have an idea.

Actually, even better than just an idea. I know who did it and why!

*All* current subscriptions have been deleted.
Going forward, forum subscriptions will be disabled for all but the few individual classifieds forums.

If you have subscriptions to active threads and forums, please send a friendly letter to your ISP informing them that you will be getting a lot of emails from 914world.com and that we are *not* spamming you.

Yepp, that's right, we (914world.com) have been flagged as a spammer because over 1,000 (!) people had subscribed to the main garage and received email notifications for each new thread in the garage.

That's several 1,000s emails per hour. No wonder we were flagged for spamming.
unsure.gif
scotty b
Why not just stop the e-mail notification feature ? I never had that on, I just wanted to be able to find certain threads in the future.....like my customers build threads dry.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 17 2013, 12:30 PM) *
I just wanted to be able to find certain threads in the future.....like my customers build threads dry.gif

You know, your web browser has this thing called a "bookmark" ...
stirthepot.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 17 2013, 11:35 AM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 17 2013, 12:30 PM) *
I just wanted to be able to find certain threads in the future.....like my customers build threads dry.gif

You know, your web browser has this thing called a "bookmark" ...
stirthepot.gif

dry.gif slap.gif
Dr Evil
Well this blows. Dont bother replying, I will not find this thread again rolleyes.gif

I guess people need to PM now if they wish answers to questions?
VaccaRabite
You can always resubscribe to threads you are interested in or subscribe to new ones. We are blocking folks from subscribing to entire forums.
Mike Bellis
Sure is hard to remember all the threads I subscribed to... dry.gif

It is pretty easy to add them back with the "Options" pull down menu.

Who subscribes to the entire forum? confused24.gif Seems like a ton of emails in the inbox... idea.gif
eric9144
I understand, but this blows...I had a lot of topic subs and they're all gone dry.gif
shuie
How am I supposed to keep up with all of the designer-christian louboutin spam threads now?? I'm keeping the one about the shoes in my browser favorites until we get some kind of a work around.
nathansnathan
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Mar 17 2013, 05:56 PM) *

Sure is hard to remember all the threads I subscribed to... dry.gif

It is pretty easy to add them back with the "Options" pull down menu.

Who subscribes to the entire forum? confused24.gif Seems like a ton of emails in the inbox... idea.gif

smoke.gif Man, I am going to have to do some kind of board reader thing. On saturday, I was like, "what's going on? Have they cut me off? am I that annoying?" rolleyes.gif
76-914
No problemo aqui. I don't use a shopping list either; just walk down the isles grabbing whatever I need. No different here.
Tom_T
Geez, there are many business associations, businesses, e-publications, etc. to which I & equal numbers subscribe & send out as many or more daily emails without getting "flagged as spammers" - so it just sucks that someone flagged 914world!!!! sad.gif

I for one did like to get email notices of anything in my areas of interest, and then go to any I want, delete the rest. Made it easier for me to know what's going on without having to log in & "baby sit" the site here looking thru 100s - 1000's - of new posts daily.

Makes the 914world far less user friendly IMHO, thanx to the misguided & misinformed spam gestapo out there! dry.gif

Jerks!

Too bad Andy, probably caused extra work you didn't need.
oldschool
Man! I thought what happen...what did I do? hissyfit.gif Ok..life go's on.
914werke
sad.gif
Im unhappy. As has been mentioned, I cant recall all the verious threads that I had subscribed to over the yrs ...there was a few but not a crazy amount.

Instead of this innocuous thread why could there have been a announcement & pinned message in advance of the deletion!!

stromberg.gif
914Eric
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 22 2013, 04:15 PM) *

sad.gif
Im unhappy. As has been mentioned, I cant recall all the verious threads that I had subscribed to over the yrs ...there was a few but not a crazy amount.

Instead of this innocuous thread why could there have been a announcement & pinned message in advance of the deletion!!

stromberg.gif

Yea...wasn't handled very well. I had about 20 threads I had researched and/or seen, that I knew I would need during my build and so I subscribed. There goes 10-20 hours of work down the toilet. stromberg.gif

Notice could and SHOULD have been given and alternatives discussed. At a minimum we could have written down the threads we didn't want to lose. Deciding to just "DELETE ALL" without notice was the worst solution, but simplest and easiest from an administrator point of view. But, since this is a free service, I guess we really don't have a say or recourse.
Gint
If the was a paid for service I could understand the complaints. But it's not... Reminds me of that free photo sharing service that went bye-bye taking all of my pics with it. Learned that lesson.

Save the stuff you want to keep somewhere that you control. Like bookmarks on your browser. Problem solved.
r_towle
Being flagged as a spammer is really hard to undo.
Andy needs to keep us off any blacklists or many people will lose all email from this site because the ISP will dump it all in the bit bucket.

Thank for watching out for everyone Andy.

rich
mr914
mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Several threads subscribed to because over the years they had great posts periodically to their own personal rustoration nightmare.

Can understand about being considered a spammer. Just wish the forces in Marietta sheeplove.gif were considered spammers with all their phantom websites

Too bad there was not an option of, rather than deleting, to turn off the subscription, then a notification to "go back in and turn back on"

Kudos to the admins drunk.gif Keep doing the best you can. smilie_pokal.gif

Now, who was doing the resoration in europe, in sweeden/denmark/norway that also built rally cars.... confused24.gif That was a good thread...

And by the way bootyshake.gif
Bruce Hinds
I just talked with my ISP, they're not stopping my traffic.

WTF.gif
Anyone else have a clue?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.