Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 914 Chevy Small Block V-8 Conversion Parts from JaideCar -SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914Gamer
A long time ago, I had the 'brilliant' idea to put a Chevy Small Block engine in a 914. I bought a bunch of parts and did some work, but didn't really get close to done. Fast forward 30 (yes, 30) years, and it is probably time to give up on the dream and give someone else a chance.

Conversion kit from Jaidecar to put Small Block Chevy engine into a 914. Includes these pieces from Jaidecar--
-Cast Bellhousing
-Flywheel, Clutch, throwout bearing, and adapter drive shaft. Based on a Chevy clutch.
-Water pump adapters and mounting hardware. Based on Chevy BB water pump.
-Alternator brackets, harmonic balancer, belt hardware.
-Motor frame and transmission mounts.
-915 transmission shifter and conversion parts.
-Fiberglass parts to mount radiator in the front trunk. Unused. A frame to support the radiator (at about a 45 degree angle), a cover for the top of the radiator with a mount so a spare tire can still be stored up front, an air outlet for the bottom, electric fans in the frame and a slightly modified Camaro radiator.
-The original documentation and instructions from Jaidecar. About 20 pages of typewritten instructions, diagrams and pictures. (Funny, they didn't have a web video.)

The main claim to fame for the Jaidecar kit was using a Chevy clutch and a short stubby intermediate drive shaft that was splined to match the Chevy clutch on the outside and the 915 gearbox on the inside. Like this 914World Jaide Posting

915 5-speed transmission converted for a 914/Chevy. S/N 915/68 74E0637. (There is some uncertainty about the S/N. I tried to read it, but it is not very legible. I took a picture, but it is hopelessly blurry and useless. I'll make another attempt.) IIRC it was from a 1984 911SC. The carrier was flipped over to work in a mid-engine application. The Jaidecar shifter was installed. I didn't ever get the shift linkage designed and built. An important note, it is shown in the pictures, but to make sure no one buys this under false assumptions--- as part of the conversion process, the bellhousing was machined off of the transmission case.

Chevy 350CID Small Block engine. IIRC it was a rebuilt engine out of a pickup w/4-bolt main bearings and 1.94” heads that was not overbored during the rebuild, but nothing special past that. Aftermarket intake manifold, carburetor, distributor, headers and mufflers were all new 25-30 years ago.

Condition- All of this has been sitting in my garage(s) for about 25 years, and it has been that long since I worked on it. (The joke was I was 'restoring' it. Every time I moved, I 're-stored' it.) It has always been indoors and dry, but it's been sitting quite a while. The engine was mounted in the car at one point, but the radiator plumbing, shifter and clutch linkages were never made. The engine and transmission ran outside the car once for a short time without water (just to prove it all worked). I'm doing the best I can to describe it accurately, but it has been a long time, and I'm sure things have deteriorated. I will do my best to answer any questions, but I'm not interested in spending extensive time 'proving' various parts of it out. I'm trying to find a home for it all where it can get used.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Price: $2000 OBO for all of it. I live in Indianapolis, IN. Local pickup is strongly encouraged, almost to the point of mandatory. I'm not an expert at shipping big stuff like this, and it will need to be worth my while to work through all the necessary hoops.

I still have the car which is basically completely taken apart, except the original engine and transmission are still in one piece (and ran, albeit poorly, when removed). And I have a Chalon fiberglass kit. They will all be for sale eventually, but I wanted to get the hybrid driveline out the door first.

Please feel free to ask questions. It's been a long time, but I'll do my best to provide answers.

Thanks for looking.

Dave
bfrymire
Smoking deal.

Someone is going to get a great deal.

-- brett
Free bump....Jaidecar, yes I remember those folks.
914Gamer
Sold last night. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.