Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Patrick Long - Porsche Sebring history
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
trev0006
http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-13/03-20...ing-history.htm

Patrick Long, in his own words, on the famous 12 Hours of Sebring. This year marks the 61st running of the historic event where Porsche has claimed more victories than any other automaker. But the event isn't just a race - it's a party. The crowds, the fans, the college students on spring break have defined Sebring as being a true festival.
URY914
Thanks for posting
carr914
It's a Damn shame that as a Porsche Factory Driver, he has no significant ride this year!

He was reduced to begging for a ride that eventually landed him at Core Motorsports
Woody
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 20 2013, 06:17 PM) *

It's a Damn shame that as a Porsche Factory Driver, he has no significant ride this year!

He was reduced to begging for a ride that eventually landed him at Core Motorsports

I saw him driving a car for Park Place Motorsports oot of Dallas a few weeks ago at COTA.
carr914
Yeah, he is driving for Park Place and occasionally for Core. But the rest of the Factory Drivers get loaned out to Audi (Dumas, Bernhard) or have good rides in Europe. You would that an American who had fantastic showings in the Flying Lizards & Penske's RS Spyder would be put into a Top Car here like Team Falken
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 21 2013, 11:50 AM) *

Yeah, he is driving for Park Place and occasionally for Core. But the rest of the Factory Drivers get loaned out to Audi (Dumas, Bernhard) or have good rides in Europe. You would that an American who had fantastic showings in the Flying Lizards & Penske's RS Spyder would be put into a Top Car here like Team Falken

Something tells me he is going to be busy testing the 2014 P1 car.... and maybe that is why he doesn't have a full-time ride, to avoid commitments. Personally I think he is one of the best factory drivers anyway, but that's probably biased since he is the only American. Either way, a class act.

I'm glad Falken hasn't gone away from Bryan Sellers and Henzler. Wolf and Bryan are good buddies and compliment each other well. They have been patient, and been rewarded for their efforts and hard driving. Those tires are really coming around and raising the eyebrows of the Frenchies over at Michelin. I've heard that some guys in the paddock think they're even in front of the Dunlops, and not far behind the Michelins.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.