Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mueller's Motor Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Mike and I will be installing a motor in his new ride. Anyone who's interested in helping, watching, or heckling is welcome to join. Supposed to be a nice day. Come see all the project cars too! biggrin.gif What time are we getting started Mike?

This Sunday, Nov 21.
rick 918-S
Sounds like a great time. Wish I could be there.
chunger
location? Time?

-'Chung
McMark
Time is undecided at this point. Probably about 10 AM. I have a BBQ if you wanna bring food to grill. I'll happily supply the fire if ya'll bring some meats. biggrin.gif

Address is 1046 Second Ave. Napa 94558

It's all really not as complicated as it sounds.

Here's a map once you reach Napa. MapQuest directions can be confusing.
McMark
From 101:
McMark
From 80:
Gint
QUOTE(markd@mac.com Posted on Nov 19 2004 @ 02:21 AM)
Here's a map once you reach Napa. MapQuest directions can be confusing.

Than's an understatement! Mapquest directions outright suck! Trust me on that, BTDT. Use Mark's map, it will make it very easy.

Oh, and don't get lost in his area with a trailer in tow. There ain't a lot of room to turn it around.
URY914
I'm leaving now... see you soon.... wink.gif
Sparky
I'd love to come out and play but if I left Boston now with marginal breaks and a lot of coffee it would be Monday afternoon before I arrived. The best time I've made coast to coast was right around the 53 hour mark, which included a 6 hour "nap" in denver and a couple of 30 minute power naps on the way.

Good luck!
Mike D.
Mueller
10:00 AM works for me smash.gif

....I'm dropping the wife off at the Oakland Airport at about 8:00 AM that morning...freedom !!!! LOL
McMark
Sounds good! Now I'll have to clean "house". biggrin.gif

Come see the:
1. GT Flared acid dipped car.
2. Original Aubergine car.
3. Freshly painted Zambezi car.
4. 56 Bug project.
5. More long term projects (912, 280z, Fastback Mustang, Alfa Guilia Sprint GT, KitCarlson injection, etc).
mikerose
So mike are we still on for next weeked? Can't wate to pull the motor out of the green car happy11.gif
Scott Carlberg
and this would be Installing the VR6 engine???

Cool!!!
mikerose
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Nov 19 2004, 01:58 PM)
and this would be Installing the VR6 engine???

That is for the white car. biggrin.gif Come on mike with a running 914 driving-girl.gif bootyshake.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(mikerose @ Nov 19 2004, 02:02 PM)
So mike are we still on for next weeked? Can't wate to pull the motor out of the green car happy11.gif

Hey Mike,

the new to me green car has no motor, so I picked up Andys old 1.8 w/D-jet....it's sitting in the back of my truck right now....it's a complete running engine smile.gif

This weekend I'll be installing the new /4 motor, the VR6 install will be another month or so....I'm taking apart the megasquirted /4 and selling off the heads (freshly rebuilt 2.0 heads).....the megasquirt will be used on the VR6 engine (of course now I have a brand new near-useless /4 megasquirt engine wiring harness headbang.gif )

damn, this is like a really bad soap opera, LOL
DJsRepS
Is that map close to Sarasota Fl I hope I would like to help.
Trekkor
I'll be there at some point, of course!

KT
Korijo
QUOTE(markd@mac.com @ Nov 19 2004, 11:58 AM)
Come see the:
1. GT Flared acid dipped car.
2. Original Aubergine car.
3. Freshly painted Zambezi car.
4. 56 Bug project.
5. More long term projects (912, 280z, Fastback Mustang, Alfa Guilia Sprint GT, KitCarlson injection, etc).

maybe someone can drool on the Hubs™ ! laugh.gif
McMark
The Hubs ™ is gone, yo! Now they chillin' in Britain's garage. biggrin.gif
Korijo
chairfall.gif
McMark
Looks like there won't be a motor install, but if you were planning on coming, you're still welcome.

Cell: 707-738-5686
chunger
won't be able to make it. . .. didn't make enough progress on house to break free huh.gif

Sorry,
'Chung
Britain Smith
QUOTE(markd@mac.com @ Nov 20 2004, 12:53 AM)
The Hubs ™ is gone, yo! Now they chillin' in Britain's garage. biggrin.gif

Yep, they are sitting here taking up space. The look nice though...

If they sit here much longer I might install a set on my 1.7 since I am soooooo hard on the brakes with all that POWER!

-Britain
McMark
I'm going to have to make sure I pick up the 5 bolt conversion hubs and who knows, I might accidentally lose a set. wink.gif
Mueller
okay, just got off the phone with McMark...we are going to attept it one more time tommorow

smash.gif
McMark
We're starting at 10. Show up anytime. Or call ahead 707-738-5686.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.