Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ah shoot!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Randal

Finally got the family (wifey) all organized to go up to Medford the weekend of April 6/7 for the Spring Enduro and it's already filled.

Damn.

Woody
QUOTE(Randal @ Mar 21 2013, 03:30 PM) *

Finally got the family (wifey) all organized to go up to Medford the weekend of April 6/7 for the Spring Enduro and it's already filled.

Damn.

Waiting list?
Randal
QUOTE(Woody @ Mar 21 2013, 02:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Mar 21 2013, 03:30 PM) *

Damn.

Waiting list?

Right, I've emailed the registration person (Kim) and asked where I would be in line if I put in now.

Will have to see how the weather looks, i.e., if it's snowing in the passes/raining at Medford, then people might not come, but have to make a decision on Thursday Friday, April 4th whether to pull the car 400 miles up there (or not).

Update: Heard from Kim; I;m #6 on the wait list.
Randal
Yea! Got in.

Practice on Saturday, run group 6 on Sunday.

Looks like rain on Sunday, but I'm hoping for some clear weather when run group 6 goes!
Randal
QUOTE(Randal @ Apr 4 2013, 11:57 AM) *

Yea! Got in.

Practice on Saturday, run group 6 on Sunday.

Looks like rain on Sunday, but I'm hoping for some clear weather when run group 6 goes!

Here is a picture of the track. It's big, but check out the angle on those corners.

We run the outside of the track. The direction of racing starts at the white exit road off the grid heading towards the lower left of the picture.

Click to view attachment
Woody
Good luck buddy. piratenanner.gif
Woody
How many times do you go around? That track looks like it was made for 914s.
Randal
QUOTE(Woody @ Apr 4 2013, 01:17 PM) *

How many times do you go around? That track looks like it was made for 914s.

At practice 3 times, during the endure 5 times. You are pretty rung out after almost 4 minutes flat out.
richardL
Excellent, have fun

Woody
I'm jealous. That looks like fun.
Randal
QUOTE(Woody @ Apr 4 2013, 04:10 PM) *

I'm jealous. That looks like fun.

If you look at that course you'll immediately spy out that correct positioning can save time. Actually harder to do than it looks as speeds are high. Front focus is everything, but not as easy as one would think.

There are 6 really tough corners to get right, mostly because they are tighter than 90 degrees.
ConeDodger
That track is the number one reason I would consider a move to Oregon. Natural beauty and no state income taxes come in second and third.

I only regret that the last time I was there I was on old tires and a borrowed motor...

If I recall correctly, I was just fraction of a second behind Dave Hunts car.

I'm hoping for a rematch with this motor someday... Battle of the Street Licensed Cars? evilgrin.gif
Randal
Had a great day at Medford. Knew the car was going to be competitive after practice yesterday.

Ended up winning XP and was second overall. An A Mod car got me, but I still managed the fastest lap of the day, like 51 seconds.

The steering quickner works great, but will have to find some sort of power assist as after 2.5 intense laps I was flat out exhausted. I mean exhausted.

Cold day here with lots of wind, but had a dry track when I ran. The Avons are unbelievable and the car's handling is simply exceptional now.

Not bad for a 38 year old car.
ConeDodger
Way to go Randal!!! cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

See you next week in Stead? biggrin.gif
Randal
Here is the video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XTxvcpka5w...e=youtube_gdata

BTW the Spring Enduro is still run on the outside, but they go the opposite way and essentially do a figure 8, so had to learn the (new) course on Saturday.

You do a flying start at this event; you'll see the starting tower on the right.

My first lap was my fastest as I was being very careful with cold tires. Pretty sure this ended up being the fastest lap of the day for anyone. At 1:03, just after starting my second lap, you'll see that I just about lost it, but gathered her up and kept going.

I need a power assist for the new steering quickner or I'll need to hit the gym very seriously before another of these 5 lap events.

We'll see about next weekend Rob. Sure would be fun.
Randal

Here are the official results. http://ssccmedford.org/documents/results/2...o%20results.pdf

I'll be ready at the Fall Enduro for battle. Lots of working out between now and then.

Little old 222 did manage the fastest lap of all the competition. biggrin.gif
JimN73
A wolf in sheep's clothing. Or, there are a lot of slooooow cars out there.

Good show!!
Randal
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Apr 11 2013, 08:21 PM) *

A wolf in sheep's clothing. Or, there are a lot of slooooow cars out there.

Good show!!

The best way to find out is to bring your car out to an AAS or UFO autoX (Marina) and run against the competition. Or how about LPR tomorrow. These three are fun venues and typically have some National SCCA folks attending.

Chris Pincetich
Awesome, great to see these results after following years of the 222 build beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.