Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Redneck Jack Stands
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
How did they jack this 914 up this high? Fork Lift? blink.gif

For sale on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Porsche-914-Bodi...857&vxp=mtr
Mike Bellis
Looks like garbage... sad.gif If it sells for the $0.99 the auction is at now, it may be worth it.

Scrap steel is around $100 per ton. There is $200-$300 in scrap and another $100 in salvageable parts along with 300lbs of rust. barf.gif

Not sure how you would get that one down. May loose all your profit just getting it out of there...
JawjaPorsche
The 28 concrete blocks are worth 99 cents!
Porsche930dude
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Mar 21 2013, 06:50 PM) *

Looks like garbage... sad.gif If it sells for the $0.99 the auction is at now, it may be worth it.

Scrap steel is around $100 per ton. There is $200-$300 in scrap and another $100 in salvageable parts along with 300lbs of rust. barf.gif

Not sure how you would get that one down. May loose all your profit just getting it out of there...

Last weekend I got 200$ for 1500lbs smile.gif
Valy
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Mar 21 2013, 03:50 PM) *

Scrap steel is around $100 per ton. There is $200-$300 in scrap

Mike, my 914 only wights one ton in total. This stripped down version will cost it more to haul to the scrapper than the $100 you might get for it.

EDIT: just noticed the sale is for 3 bodies...
MrLeeS
One wack with a sledge will get it down, but you gotta move quick.
ThePaintedMan
The last pic shows a V8, or maybe V6 swap ready to go. Would make a great Chumpcar! However, I wouldn't even go in that whole backyard. Everything screams dangerous.

It is in Alabama though.... idea.gif
Scott S
QUOTE(MrLeeS @ Mar 22 2013, 06:18 AM) *

One wack with a sledge will get it down, but you gotta move quick.

Jenga!
URY914
I stored a rusted 914 like this for a few years. confused24.gif
URY914
You know when you're a redneck when you put your car so high on blocks you can store your trailer under it..

Click to view attachment
ThePaintedMan
Fuch yeah Paul! I recognize that backyard! You're not quite as screwy.gif as the other guy though. The other one looks like the intention was to be able to retain access to the car below for parts. No problem keeping a car up on concrete blocks... I just wouldn't go anywhere near underneath it.

I never knew you had more than one 914? I always thought it was just the red car?
green914
I would have liked to watch how some one lifts any car up that high on blocks. confused24.gif Looks like a home accident waiting to happen.
URY914
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Mar 23 2013, 04:14 PM) *

Fuch yeah Paul! I recognize that backyard! You're not quite as screwy.gif as the other guy though. The other one looks like the intention was to be able to retain access to the car below for parts. No problem keeping a car up on concrete blocks... I just wouldn't go anywhere near underneath it.

I never knew you had more than one 914? I always thought it was just the red car?

I had three at one time. Race car, street car and white rust bucket.
Michael N
QUOTE(green914 @ Mar 23 2013, 04:24 PM) *

I would have liked to watch how some one lifts any car up that high on blocks. confused24.gif Looks like a home accident waiting to happen.

Reminds me of how I picked up a Creamcicle from on top a of a trailer that was not designed for how they had the car on it. The car had to be lifted from far enough out that the trailer and wheels could clear some lifts and then have wheels bolted on before moving it to a trailer. Good lord that was scary.

Click to view attachment
steuspeed
^^^ OMG! w00t.gif
mein_tag
lol @ the creamsicle
maf914
Regarding the Creamsicle and yard maintenance trailer: What structural engineer signed off on that arrangement? laugh.gif
carr914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 22 2013, 04:43 PM) *

I stored a rusted 914 like this for a few years. confused24.gif

Paul, you were the 1st one I thought of when I saw the Picture. I think the guy in Alabama stole your idea after a few swigs of Moonshine and exhausting session with his Sister sheeplove.gif
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 27 2013, 09:23 AM) *

Paul, you were the 1st one I thought of when I saw the Picture. I think the guy in Alabama stole your idea after a few swigs of Moonshine and exhausting session with his Sister sheeplove.gif

av-943.gif
Hammy
QUOTE(Michael N @ Mar 23 2013, 08:24 PM) *

QUOTE(green914 @ Mar 23 2013, 04:24 PM) *

Reminds me of how I picked up a Creamcicle from on top a of a trailer that was not designed for how they had the car on it. The car had to be lifted from far enough out that the trailer and wheels could clear some lifts and then have wheels bolted on before moving it to a trailer. Good lord that was scary.

Click to view attachment

I thought I'd seen it all. Holy crap.
The bent rocker panels is priceless. lol-2.gif

What did you lift the car with?
Michael N
QUOTE(Hammy @ Mar 27 2013, 06:02 PM) *

I thought I'd seen it all. Holy crap.
The bent rocker panels is priceless. lol-2.gif

What did you lift the car with?

It was several years ago and my solution of lifting was just as sketchy.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Good news was that the rocker panel was not creased and easily bent back fine.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.