Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice 73 2.0L on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Your eBay and Craigslist Ads for 914 Stuff
turk22
I have no affiliation, but its very similar to my car, so I'll be interested in how much it sells for.
In fact I wish it would have come up for sale last year...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-73-2-0...forcev4exp=true
JeffBowlsby
I have never seen a factory white 914 with a factory brown or tan interior. Always black. Wish there was a COA with this to tell for sure.
JawjaPorsche
Not one picture of engine or underside.
turk22
Yea, I was disappointed to see no pictures of the engine as well. There was a mention of the replaced vacuum lines, and so I'm thinking its still got its FI.

It also appears that the lower parts of the trunks are painted black? can't really tell from the pic.

Jeff, I thought there were a few Ivory with brown interiors? It would have been my first choice. What really caught my eye was the Miles and the overall condition.

No idea where the reserve is set at... it may not even sell...
bembry
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 22 2013, 12:06 PM) *

I have never seen a factory white 914 with a factory brown or tan interior. Always black. Wish there was a COA with this to tell for sure.

I've never seen the brown interior on a white car, but I have the tan (with corduroy inserts) on my white 73 2.0. My COA backs up the tan interior too (but not the corduroy inserts).
JawjaPorsche
I see some traces of light blue under the carpet. Some parts of the front area: Gas tank and vent area are painted black. The trunk area paint job looks rear rough. There is no picture of the Karman badge in the door jam so we can read the color code. I would like to see the color in the engine bay.

Is possible that car was not originally white which might explain why no one has see a tan/brown interior in white 914?
JeffBowlsby
Naw...original light ivory to my eye. The VIN label shows the repaint, but the peekaboo punch outs are white. The only factory light blue was Olympic and its a much deeper blue...the bluish tones to the photos are just photo quality issues.

Why does a 67K mile car have so many issues....and why grab the black spray can for the trunk bottoms? :shrug:
rph20355
That old gold Ziebart rust proofing sticker in the rear window behind the drivers seat may be a tip off as to why the trunk floors appear black. I worked in a dealership during the 70s and some of the rustproofing guys got pretty creative with where they sprayed that stuff, sometimes by the owners request. Ziebart changed their emblem many years ago, so to me, that sticker indicates that chances are the car was rustproofed/undercoated when it was brand new. And I tend to agree with it originally being white (see the inside cowl color in that under dash shot)
Bobby Smith
A little over a day left in this auction and it's up to $8,400. Should be interesting to see what it sells for. Wondering if anyone on this board is bidding on it? I gave it a brief look over a few days ago. Cold and rainy out so it was not a through examination by any means.
mettelman
Seller added photos of engine compartment, battery tray and underside (if anyone is still interested)
Bobby Smith
QUOTE(mettelman @ Mar 27 2013, 12:26 PM) *

Seller added photos of engine compartment, battery tray and underside (if anyone is still interested)

Yes, and photos show surface rust on area under the battery. You can't see what's behind the brain/box area. Not a big concern if it's only "surface" but you can't tell from the photos. I looked underneath and there is no sign of penetration but remember it also has rust proofing there. Hopefully it's not a big issue but....???

JawjaPorsche
I just hope people bidding have seen this car first hand before bidding. Too many issues at that price.
Bobby Smith
I hope to go by and check it out again tomorrow and perhaps take it for a test drive.
Do not think I'm a player at that price though. If there are bidders on this site, I could PM info on what I find. Auction ends around 6pm EST tomorrow.
dsloucas
I am the one selling the Porsche 914. I'm happy that it's gotten so much attention. I've tried my best to disclose everything on the vehicle. I've added a picture of the stamp on the door jam. Drove it around today. We had another local dealer offer us $8,000 for the car that is why the reserve was set there. I welcome any questions and I will do my best to answer them. Auction ends tomorrow and whoever wins it is definitely getting a gem for a 40 year old car.

P.S. Bobby, you were suppose to be in at 3:00 PM today.
Bobby Smith
QUOTE(dsloucas @ Mar 27 2013, 03:04 PM) *

I am the one selling the Porsche 914. I'm happy that it's gotten so much attention. I've tried my best to disclose everything on the vehicle. I've added a picture of the stamp on the door jam. Drove it around today. We had another local dealer offer us $8,000 for the car that is why the reserve was set there. I welcome any questions and I will do my best to answer them. Auction ends tomorrow and whoever wins it is definitely getting a gem for a 40 year old car.

P.S. Bobby, you were suppose to be in at 3:00 PM today.

Something came up and I should have called. My bad.
jhs914
Winning bid= $8,800
billh1963
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 22 2013, 03:06 PM) *

The white '76 I sold last year had a brown interior. From what i could tell it was factory.
turk22
Bill, looks like your selling one as well. Good luck with your sale.

Compared to what I paid for mine, this 73 seems like a good deal. There were some issues I think, but overall, it seemed like a really original example with low miles and in good shape. It would really come down to rust remediation, and how much there was.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.