Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: live for Speed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Part Pricer
Is anyone here playing live for Speed? It is a racing sim that also has an autocross mode. I just downloaded the demo version and it is one of the better sims that I've played. The autocross mode is only available in the registered (paid) version. I'm going to pay for a license and was wondering if anyone else was playing this game.

BTW, you can compete with multiple drivers online, including the AX mode.

http://www.liveforspeed.net/
Part Pricer
Damn! This is fun! An AX simulator.

Here is the North Course from this year's SCCA Nationals
Part Pricer
another
Part Pricer
another
Part Pricer
another
Part Pricer
another
Rockaria
That is quite cool.

A few years ago a group of guys and myself came across a game called SCGT (Sports Car GT) we learned how to edit tracks and cars and came up with a fun little Autocross track and a 914GT to drive.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

I made an LE version for download that included the track and a few other Porsches besides the 914. Like a 930, a 917, and even an F car.

Here is the site where I keep it.

SCGT LE (autoX and 914)

(Small NOTE: It's an older game and I needed to run it in Windows 98 Compatability mode on my XP machine to get it to work. But only on one of my machines. My p4 2.66 with 64mb video works perfectly. with no adjustements)

Enjoy,
Rockaria
We also did some silly little track from France for SCGT as well... It is also included in the LE download.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

rolleyes.gif
MattR
SCGT was loads of fun. One of my friends and I learned how to program with that game in like 10th grade. We imported cars and tracks. Eventually we moved to Viper Racing, and modeled cars, changed physics, and changed/created tracks. That takes me back...
Andyrew
Does anyone know of an autox editor for NFS PU?

I want to be able to create auto x courses and such...

I think I'll try this SCGT though... Oh and I didnt find the 914 car..

Andrew

EDIT: BTW I forgot to add that we do have the Live for speed demo, and I do want the full version.. Just havent suckered up the money for it.. lol
EdwardBlume
Wouldn't it be cool for this site to host an autocross or race simulator for "Members" to play? The more posts unlock cooler cars or upgrades?

I know I'm dreaming......

D'oh
Rockaria
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Nov 19 2004, 07:27 PM)

I think I'll try this SCGT though... Oh and I didnt find the 914 car..

Here is a list of SCGT Cars I did not design:

SCGT CAR Collection

The 914s are in the Porshe 914 folder. You will need to have The full SCGT loaded on your computer first. Or the SCGT_LE version loaded to use these files.

Here is the list of everything I was part of the design process:

The Rock: SCGT Collection

Enjoy,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.