Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G&R All 914 Rusty Parts Swap Meet & Animal Flesh Roast Festival
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
SLITS
It's time again for the bi-annual premier event of the year. While I had no choice in picking the date (thank you PCA), we will honor the date picked for me. The bi-annual G&R All 914 Rusty Parts Swap Meet and Animal Flesh Roasting Festival will be held SUNDAY APRIL 21, 2013.

The address for those of you that are memory challenged is 2727 KANSAS AVE, RIVERSIDE, CA 92507. As always it will be held in the back parking lot. Gate will be open by 6:30 AM.

Being that we are dull and boring, there will be a black colloidal suspension known as Coffee, along with fat pills (Donuts for the politically correct) available in the AM for you cheapies that won't buy breakfast. Sorry, bran muffins and the like are outlawed. Alice B. Toklas brownies, cookies & such will be allowed and mixed in with the non-lethal fried sugar and grease. Please disguise them well.

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 - 11 AM we will light off the chicken crap methane powered Q and begin crucifying our favorite animal flesh. As those who have previously attended will know, we only purchase the cheapest possible bovine flesh and tube steaks for this ritual. We will provide buns of an unknown nature along with condiments of spurious nature (onions - raw & grilled, tomatoe slices, ketchup, mustard, cheese & anything else of semi-palatable nature). Since you probably didn't get enough fat from the donuts, we will also have fried potatoes (Chips) and some pasta or potatoe salads bought from a spurious street vendor. We will also have sugared water and plain water on hand. For these gastronomical delights we will ask for a $5.00 donation per person to cover the medical expenses and cleanup. If you don't pay, we will pump your stomach and recycle the contents.

Several things to remember or be aware of:

1.) We only have one Unisex bathroom. Be kind to your fellow participants (you know what I mean). Relieving yourself in the parking lot behind objects may be fine for the desert and mountains, but the running stream causes the valuable parts to rust faster.
2.) The facility is under 24 hour video surveillance so don't get to frisky or SuperCop will appear and possibly ruin your day.
3.) Upon entering the property with a low slung vehicle please drive slow. I have enough parts and don't need anymore.
4.) We ask that you place trash in an appropriate container. The various non-operational vehicles are not designated a trash receptacles nor is the ground.
5.) We would be appreciative if you would place empty beverage containers in the container provided. I hate sifting through half eaten food to rescue them. We are a recycling facility.

That's about all the rules we have.

Oh, assdraggers, SUVs and other imports are also welcome. We may laugh and light them on fire, but they are welcome.

Come one / Come all and spread your rusty crap on the bitumen, hope that someone will give you greenbacks for it and haul it off. If not, we will have a roll-off for you to dispose of it in in case you don't want to haul it home. As always, gate entry and swap space is FREE.

Festivities are generally winding down about 2 PM as Glenn needs his nap and I will not man the station alone.

Hope to see you here. I will post phone numbers for Glenn and myself as soon as I remember what they are. I may add politically incorrect statements to this announcement at any time so check back often.
nathansnathan
nice smile.gif smoke.gif biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
Cool smile.gif
Elliot Cannon
I just booked a hotel for the 20th. If you haven't been to a G&R you are missing a great time. Always some great looking cars show up, great people (well, most anyway) and somewhat palatable food. You may also find that elusive part for your 914 you've been looking for but the only place you can find it is AA. happy11.gif So, come on down to the G&R and Ron will personally guarentee that you have a great time. smoke.gif chowtime.gif
Cheers, Elliot
pete000
Whooo hoo !
Marv's3.6six
I intend to be there AND hope to be driving a 914. confused24.gif blink.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Mar 25 2013, 07:57 AM) *

I intend to be there AND hope to be driving a 914. confused24.gif blink.gif

Whos 914 will you be driving and will you be bringing pictures of your 914? happy11.gif av-943.gif
Elliot Cannon
I have a front and rear trunk lid, (black) if anyone needs either of them or both let me know and I'll bring them in the truck. I also have BMW320i front brake calipers for a 914 and stock rear brakes. I have drilled rotors front and rear. The brakes and rotors have 25,000 miles on them. Post what you need to buy or have to sell here.
monkeyboy
I am hoping that the guy who does the door panels will be there again.
Steve
The best and only 914 swap meet in southern, cal..
JoeSharp
Now this is something I am going to miss....
76-914
We'll miss you to sweetie. Stay in touch. Eliot, bring the wheel thingamabob you said you was mailing. And to everyone else, be there or........shit I forgot what I was going to say. Anyway don't miss this event. Hard to find items and steals are gone by 0830; good deals are gone by 1130. I heard there might even be a girl at this event. av-943.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 25 2013, 09:13 PM) *

We'll miss you to sweetie. Stay in touch. Eliot, bring the wheel thingamabob you said you was mailing. And to everyone else, be there or........shit I forgot what I was going to say. Anyway don't miss this event. Hard to find items and steals are gone by 0830; good deals are gone by 1130. I heard there might even be a girl at this event. av-943.gif

You mean the wheel adapter Kint? happy11.gif Got ya covered. (Hey, I could have spelled it with a U). lol-2.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Mar 25 2013, 07:47 PM) *

Now this is something I am going to miss....

We'll ALL miss you honey. wub.gif Florida will be a better place now.
monkeyboy
Bumpers. I'm looking for bumpers too. Clean ones I can have rechromed.
rpmmaxxed
I have been wanting to go to a 914 function for 8 years!!! Just occured to me thats how long ago I bought my first one.

Curious if anyone already going has any front spoilers or valances they will be bringing to the swap?

Having a hard time resisting the urge to buy one online...

Can't wait to meet everyone from here.
JamesM
Damn, our first autocross of the season is that day. I was thinking of making a road trip out there as I have not been since i think the first D&G when i lived in so cal.

Oh well, maybe next time.
76-914
Well Horse stromberg.gif , my wife has an event that same day. That means I will have to get her set up first in Fallbrook then hook 'em north to the festival. So, I'll be a little late getting there which means NO GOOD DEALS for me this year. sad.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 28 2013, 06:27 AM) *

Well Horse stromberg.gif , my wife has an event that same day. That means I will have to get her set up first in Fallbrook then hook 'em north to the festival. So, I'll be a little late getting there which means NO GOOD DEALS for me this year. sad.gif

Hey! I'll make you a good deal on a wheel adapter. shades.gif Aviator discount av-943.gif
913B
Here is my very simple wish list.

1. any scrap wire harness with the connector, I am needing a pin that plugs into the relay board in engine comparment.

2. a pair of the bolt+washers+plastic spacers to attach the early seatbelt to the floor or side pillar.

Oh Euro911 if you see this, if you wouldn't mind bringing the 1.7 throttle bodygasket, that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ted
76-914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 30 2013, 09:32 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 28 2013, 06:27 AM) *

Hey! I'll make you a good deal on a wheel adapter. shades.gif Aviator discount av-943.gif

I'll be there; just tardy. Now it's time for others to follow porsche914b's wish list. Post up what your looking for. It's amazing what some members here have in their stash. Last G&R I scored a new Petronix for $50; a fantastic working MPS $30; saw a Weltmeister front sway bar go for $175.
OT: Last year I was thinking how crazy it would be to get a shot of all attending 914's in one long, continuous, side by side photo. That would require some planning and parking control, however.
euro911
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Mar 30 2013, 09:31 PM) *
... Oh Euro911 if you see this, if you wouldn't mind bringing the 1.7 throttle body gasket, that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ted
Let's see idea.gif ... We live in a couple of miles away from each other in the same city, and you want me to do a 120 mile round trip to get a $10 gasket to ya? slap.gif

See you all there laugh.gif

My Reminder List

From Bruce:
1. Replated F.I. rails and injector clamps
2. 5.5" steel wheels
3. Front shift rod (side-shift)

From Robert21:
1. Oil Temp VDO $15.00 for a center console 914

From Elliot:
1. 912 hood - (Freshly-painted, Black please) poke.gif laugh.gif

Here's a link to some stuff I have (let me know if you want me to bring anything specific) CLICK HERE
rhodyguy
just received permission to finally attend this world famous event! my wife is great!!! "did you want to drive down?". "no babe, it'll be a 2500 miles 4 day drive". so i need some help...

1. what's the most convenient airport to fly into? i'd prefer not to rent a car. i'd just get lost and resort to mayhem if i have to drive in socal traffic.
2. to help save a few bucks, does anyone have some floor space i can crash on? i'm a respectful guest.
3. willing to fly into a field other than riverside(?) if i can hitch a ride.

i want to book as soon as possible to get the best fare. so tell me what i should do? looking forward to seeing oldish friends and finally putting a face to the online ones. anyone else local want to go on an adventure? tia.

k

euro911
Check your PMs, Kevin
SLITS
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 1 2013, 08:40 AM) *

just received permission to finally attend this world famous event! my wife is great!!! "did you want to drive down?". "no babe, it'll be a 2500 miles 4 day drive". so i need some help...

1. what's the most convenient airport to fly into? i'd prefer not to rent a car. i'd just get lost and resort to mayhem if i have to drive in socal traffic.
2. to help save a few bucks, does anyone have some floor space i can crash on? i'm a respectful guest.
3. willing to fly into a field other than riverside(?) if i can hitch a ride.

i want to book as soon as possible to get the best fare. so tell me what i should do? looking forward to seeing oldish friends and finally putting a face to the online ones. anyone else local want to go on an adventure? tia.

k

Kevin ..... 1 ... have PMed you two messages.
rhodyguy
check your pms mark.

k
andys
Ron,

Has the date and address disappeared from your invite post? Please post again as I may just try to make it out.

Andys
euro911
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 1 2013, 11:31 AM) *
Kevin ..... 1 ... have PMed you two messages.
You never PM me anymore sad2.gif

laugh.gif

... and if you ever want us 914 owners to achieve lofty status in the international sports car community, you need to clean up your act.

"... Coffee, along with fat pills ("Donuts" for the politically correct). ..."

It's spelled "doughnuts" mad.gif
76-914
I'm 2 miles N of F70.
'73-914kid
I'll be bringing a really really clean OEM Bischoff 2.0L banana muffler, some other assorted junk, and yeah.. Definitely looking for a new owner for this muffler though.
pete000
Looking for nice chrome pre bumperette front bumper.
Elliot Cannon
I have two steel trunk lids (black front and back) and air shocks to go with them. BMW 320i brakes with drilled rotors (front) stock 914/4 rear. Someone just HAS to need these things.
rhodyguy
i don't want to come to the party empty handed. " (tsa agent) sir, why do you have steering wheels, exterior mirrors and carburators in your carry on?". tedium coming your way mark. wink.gif

k
Going to bring new OEM front rear bumpers and bumper tops....for the person that WANTS only OEM parts. I will not give it away.
rhodyguy
booked and done. arrive ontario sat evening and depart noonish monday. lodging @ the comfort inn. see ya'll there.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 2 2013, 11:33 AM) *

booked and done. arrive ontario sat evening and depart noonish monday. lodging @ the comfort inn. see ya'll there.

Rhodyguy!! It'll be good to see ya. Would you like to bring home two steel trunk lids? Black in color? I'll even throw in the Porsche crest for free. av-943.gif
rhodyguy
i'll trade ya for 2 rear deck lids. straight across the board. they're swell. no rot and the catches are included. we both pay our own baggage fees. best deal i can offer. see you in a week elliot.

k
JoeSharp
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 2 2013, 11:33 AM) *

Damn Kevin I'm joing to miss you too.
rhodyguy
and I will miss you joe. i was hoping to get the lowdown on feloreeda. rock on brother! 420 out.

k
Elliot Cannon
OK listen up all you So Cal peeps. If Kevin is flying all the way from where ever he is flying down from, (Oregon, right)? You have no excuses not to show up at the G&R. Besides Marv will be there WITH HIS BADASS 3.6. Or so he says. poke.gif av-943.gif
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 3 2013, 07:20 PM) *

OK listen up all you So Cal peeps. If Kevin is flying all the way from where ever he is flying down from, (Oregon, right)? You have no excuses not to show up at the G&R. Besides Marv will be there WITH HIS BADASS 3.6. Or so he says. poke.gif av-943.gif

Huh? I never said such a thing. bs.gif screwy.gif Elliot KMA.gif
rhodyguy
seatac. seattle/tacoma int. 3 1/2 hour fight to ontario w/a stop in sac. i imagine the whole affair is easier than driving from the greater so-cal region to picturesque riverside. biggrin.gif

joe, you pass right by riverside on the way to florida don't you? biggrin.gif

k
JoeSharp
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 4 2013, 05:05 AM) *

joe, you pass right by riverside on the way to florida don't you? biggrin.gif

k

Yeah, but I'll be in Florida on the 14th.
76-914
poke.gif Joe's just thumbing his nose at the rest of us. I guess you'll just miss out on the "Holy Grail" this year. I'll give Toast your share. happy11.gif Let's see; moving from Huntington Beach, Ca to Florida. Can you spell transitional ( if not cultural) shock? Next time I see you we will be on the other side but I'm glad I got to meet you. beerchug.gif kent
SLITS
No chili ..................

Joe, have a good time/life in Cuba Kuba!
JoeSharp
Thank All-ya-all very much.
Hey Ron, if you think about it can you take a speedo drive with you to the R 66. I have one abut I can't get it to you or the event. Nelson is in need.
76-914
[quote name='SLITS' date='Apr 4 2013, 10:37 AM' post='1845169']

If'n you want chili I will make some and bring it but I don't want to hear any crying or whining. It's Texas style chili and not like Joe's, which your accustomed to.
SLITS
[quote name='76-914' date='Apr 4 2013, 11:17 AM' post='1845193']
[quote name='SLITS' date='Apr 4 2013, 10:37 AM' post='1845169']

If'n you want chili I will make some and bring it but I don't want to hear any crying or whining. It's Texas style chili and not like Joe's, which your accustomed to.
[/quote]

Yer from Looooosiana and not a Tejan .... you don't know how hot Joes' chili was. Many complained they could not taste or smell for weeks after eating it. This does not address the gastrointestinal distress that was reported. biggrin.gif

Regardless, Bring it on ya redneck. We'll wipe out Florida with the fumes!
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Apr 3 2013, 10:11 PM) *

Check post #6. poke.gif
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 4 2013, 09:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Apr 3 2013, 10:11 PM) *

Check post #6. poke.gif

Uh Huh... I said I hope to be driving "a 914" to much wishfull thinking to think my 3.6 will be complete. (you and I both know it only exists in my fertile imagination.. ha) I will drive it to a G&R someday I just don't know if it will be this one.... poke.gif poke back atcha.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.