Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today is my Wedding Anniversary
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
Today marks our 16th wedding anniversary. wub.gif We met 19 years ago on Nov 17th at an SCCA autocross. She and I were in the same class. She had the 74 1.8 that we still have (I got to drive it to work today) and I had a 79 924. She cleaned my clock in the AX. We started dating and I got to drive her 914. After that I had to have one. We have been married for 16 years, and like I said at Parade when she beat me..... "I have been chasing her tail for 19 years, and I still have not caught it."

So, you can blame Betty for me being here. She got me hooked on 914s.
spare time toys
Congarts. Heres a toast to you two. beerchug.gif
Rhodes71/914
Right on, great story and happy anniversary. grouphug.gif
IronHillRestorations
Congrats Clay and Betty.

Well Clay actually, for finding someone to put up with you for that long! laugh.gif

Seriously, you two seem to have a great marriage, and it's also great to have a partner that shares your love of things Porsche, and other stuff too.

Too bad she won't teach you how to drive laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
rocking nana.gif mueba.gif rocking nana.gif aktion035.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif rocking nana.gif
boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
anthony
Congratulations!!!

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
ClayPerrine
Ok.. here you go....

Picture of Betty, myself, and the object of our mutual affection (or should that be obsession).....

IPB Image
Gint
Grats C & B!

smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
seanery
Congrats Clay, nice story. clap56.gif
rick 918-S
Congradulations! I like hearing about success stories. Our american drive for always wanting more, more, more, crushes couples early hopes and dreams like ripe grapes. It's easy to loose sight of each other. Make this day as special as it is. beerchug.gif
Joe Ricard
Obviously she's a keeper. Good job !!!
J P Stein
Let this be a lesson to all you youngsters out there.....
Lookin' for love in all the right places, lookin' for love at SCCA races..... I crack myself up sometimes laugh.gif
Jeroen
Congrats!!!!
redshift
Congrats Clay! I have only met one woman who thought a 914 was cool, and she just liked to jump the doors for entry..

Best to you both! You are lucky!

Miles
cooltimes
Cool couple with cool cars.
Happy Anniversary.

Red and Mike
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(redshift @ Nov 20 2004, 12:02 AM)
Congrats Clay! I have only met one woman who thought a 914 was cool, and she just liked to jump the doors for entry..

Best to you both! You are lucky!

Miles

She won't do that... She even yells at me when I forget and close the door by pushing on the window glass.

But having a 914 lover for a wife has it's advantages. I don't have to explain why I need a part, and I always have a willing pair of hands when I need some help. Then she runs around yelling "I fixed it! I fixed it".... gee thanks Pam for getting her started on THAT (sarcasm). Plus she NEVER complains when I go to help a friend out with his 914.

Thanks for all the good wishes. She is definitely a keeper.
Pam
No problem, Clay....wait until I give her a few hints about what to say when you spend too much time on 914club. You'll REALLY like those biggrin.gif

Always happy to help.....and congrats on your anniversary.
dennisc
Sorry we are a day late but Linda and I want to wish you the best.
Series9
That's a GREAT story.

How did I know my girl was right?

When I met my wife (much younger and not a car girl), I drove her to dinner in my 914 (when it was still a /4 and basically unmodified). About a mile down the road, she says 'this is a really cool car. What is it?'

Needless to say: Sold! We've been together for five years now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.