Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hell hole
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
Just starting to tear into car that I got 8 months ago.Seems PO hid lots of problems that I did'nt know about.Is it fixxable or should I just get a gallon of gas and a match.Any insite into this would be great.Thanks Another words where do I start.
ClayPerrine
Can't tell much with the picture you have here.

Pull the rocker panel on that side. Take picts of what you find under there, and pictrures of the inside from below . Post them here, and we will tell you what we think.
spunone
Will do thanks best pics I can do with my phone though
Root_Werks
I usually tell people to stand back when I start welder.gif but if it is metal, you can fix it. Just how much work is up to you.

It looks like a shelf, battery tray and support at the least. That is a common fix for 914's so the parts are available and not too $$$. Do you have any pic's of the fender well the battery tray is attatched to? If that doesn't have any holes rusted through it, then the job will be that much easier.

Can you weld/grind/cut? If so, you could do it. smash.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
spunone
Yep it has holes on fender side and as the first pic fire wall also has rust and holes just hope it's not structure thats messde up.Ps Don't use your wifes turkey roasting pan to drain gas into.Boy was she pissed
Joe Ricard
I have repaired worse and I couldn'r even weld before I started. Still ain't worth a crap at welding but I got the metal to stick together.

Since your battery tray is nearly gone just move the battery to the trunk. Makes working on engine easier with more elbow room.
SirAndy
show us the long on that side. take the rocker off and clean the area around the jack-post. poke with a big screw-driver. then post pics here.

also, pictures from that area from under the car and a shot of the floor behind the pass. seat (without carpet) would help.

from what i can see so far it looks pretty bad, which usually means there's much more ...

sad.gif Andy
double-a
looks like some good rot, but probably fixable. definitely get the rocker panels off and take a look at that long though. speaking of which, can anyone tell me where to get those little plugs that attach the rocker covers to the door sill?

~a
SpecialK
QUOTE(spunone @ Nov 19 2004, 09:26 AM)
....Ps Don't use your wifes turkey roasting pan to drain gas into.Boy was she pissed

lol2.gif

They're not real thrilled about using the dishwasher to clean parts either.... chair.gif (sounded like a good idea at the time biggrin.gif )
tracks914
Boy you SoCal boys are really spoiled. That doesn't look too bad for a northern car. Hell you should see what I started out with.
A little welding here welder.gif a little sheet metal there smash.gif
And a new battery tray and your off drivin.... driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.