Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Value of original Fuchs wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Littlebritishcars
Click to view attachmentI have a 73 2.0L with the original Fuchs wheels, etc. I am replacing the wheels with the Black/Chrome replicas (yes I know to many that is horrible but I like them better) so I will porbably be selling the original wheels. They are good driver quality wheels with the center caps and lug bolts. I have all 5 but probably want to keep one as a spare.

My question is - what is the value of these?

Thanks

Bob
JawjaPorsche
If they are straight and don't have curb rash, I would say $500 and up since you are including the bolts and caps. Your car looks very nice.
Littlebritishcars
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Mar 26 2013, 01:22 PM) *

If they are straight and don't have curb rash, I would say $500 since you are including the bolts and caps. Your car looks very nice.

For 4 wheels or 5? I would prefer to keep the spare
JawjaPorsche
Four.
Littlebritishcars
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Mar 26 2013, 01:26 PM) *

Four.

Thanks

I will be replacing them Friday so guess I will put them up for sale after that - need to recoup some of the money I am spending/have spent on this car smile.gif

Bob
JeffBowlsby
If you are concerned about $$$ don't sell the original Fuchs, it will only devalue your 914.
Littlebritishcars
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 26 2013, 02:08 PM) *

If you are concerned about $$$ don't sell the original Fuchs, it will only devalue your 914.

I understand but I wont be using them and don't plan on selling the car so they will only collect dust stored in my garage. It would be $500 I could put elsewhere on the car

Bob
rjames
Paint the Fuchs to match the replicas. They'll still be worth more than the replicas and can always be restored to original if need be.
Robert21
I sold my Fuchs for $600.00 with out caps and lugs nuts. they had the tires still.
TJB/914
QUOTE(rjames @ Mar 26 2013, 03:23 PM) *

Paint the Fuchs to match the replicas. They'll still be worth more than the replicas and can always be restored to original if need be.

agree.gif agree.gif
Don't sell your Fuchs, this is the way to go.
BTW: Your orig. Fuchs are worth more than $500.00 your being set up for a low bid sale.

Tom
76-914
Uh, I don't know. Someone will have to drop 350-400 to refinish those. Another 125-175 to finish the lugs. Robert121 was more in the ballpark. The finish is respectable and came with tires. I know where (not mine) there is a nice set w/ newish tires, lugs for $800. Me? I paid 300 with nuts for mine and they needed refinishing.
Littlebritishcars
At $300, I will keep them. I wouldn't consider selling them for less than $500. If I keep them I will have them refinished at some point so if I want to go back with the original wheels, they will be refinished.

Bob
pete000
Just have them painted!!!!, they are so much better than the aftermarket wheels !

BTW: I sold a really nice set of four for $750.00 recently in So Cal
JamesM
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Mar 26 2013, 11:46 AM) *

QUOTE(rjames @ Mar 26 2013, 03:23 PM) *

agree.gif agree.gif
Don't sell your Fuchs, this is the way to go.
BTW: Your orig. Fuchs are worth more than $500.00 your being set up for a low bid sale.

Tom

Something is worth only what it sells for and most sets I see sell sell in the 400-600 range, so I would say $500 was a valid statement and not an attempt at manipulation. I picked up a set of 4 in so-so condition (one had a bent lip) off ebay for less then $300 being as I was the highest bidder I would say what I paid is what they were worth. I would also say that unless they are originals in awesome shape or have an amazing refinish job you might have a hard time selling a set north of $700
bembry
Concur with above. 500 was no attempt at manipulation. Really, you can find these for around that in good condition. I scored 5 for 400 a couple years ago with bolts and center caps. Mine are in super condition. If folks got more than that then good on them. That just means to me that the buyers did a poor job of looking around. I'd keep 'em personally--of course I'd put a stock front valence on that car too, as well as US tailights! wink.gif Nice light ivory teener!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.