Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you remove the air vents?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kaduku
I heard you just pull it out. Is this true?
pilothyer
That would be the correct way to remove the vents at each end of the dash.
bluhun
QUOTE(Kaduku @ Mar 26 2013, 04:09 PM) *

You first need to pull the knee pad by removing the five bolts on the underside of the pad and the sheet metal screws under the body plugs on the left and right side. Once you do this the knee pad will pull right out. Once the knee pad is out of the car you will see that the vent louvers are held in place by four plastic tabs, one at each corner. Simply squeeze the tabs in and push the vent louvers out from the backside of the kneepad.
bluhun

The vent louvers will not "just pull out." You could try it but you might break off the plastic tabs and you will not be able to reinstall the vents. You could also damage the knee pad. Removal of the knee pad is a simple, 10 minute job and makes removal of the vent louvers very simple.
Eric_Shea
agree.gif

Drop the knee pad to access the tabs on the back of the vents.
Kaduku
QUOTE(bluhun @ Mar 27 2013, 12:19 AM) *

You first need to pull the knee pad by removing the five bolts on the underside of the pad and the sheet metal screws under the body plugs on the left and right side. Once you do this the knee pad will pull right out. Once the knee pad is out of the car you will see that the vent louvers are held in place by four plastic tabs, one at each corner. Simply squeeze the tabs in and push the vent louvers out from the backside of the kneepad.

Thank god I checked back here. This morning I tried pullling the vent which of course did not work. I also tried pulling on the tab, luckily it did not break or I would really be pissed off.

Thanks guys for chiming in before disaster took place.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.