Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 gauge question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914coop
I have a 85 911 oil pressure and temp gauge. Got senders for them and they both did not work properly.

Temp gauge climbed quicly and pegged in less then a minute. The oil pressure jumped from its resting place when ignition vwas turned on but did not move when the engine started. Oil pressure dummy light turned off when the engine started. Oil pressure gauge is a 5 bar gauge. Thinking it is the senders. How do I find the correct senders? Gauge is stamped 6/85'

Thanks Irv
Chris H.
Irv,

Assuming it is the senders you need to get the part number from the gauge to make sure you are getting the correct senders. Did you get a dual pole oil pressure sender to split the signal so you can get readings from both the warning light and the bar gauge?
SKL1
Another option if you have the console: I'm having North Hollywood reface the OEM gauge with oil temp numbers with a new sender so it looks OEM. They can also do a matching oil pressure gauge in the same size to replace the voltmeter.
SirAndy
QUOTE(914coop @ Mar 26 2013, 06:06 PM) *
How do I find the correct senders?

By doing a search ... shades.gif

914coop
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 26 2013, 06:17 PM) *

QUOTE(914coop @ Mar 26 2013, 06:06 PM) *
How do I find the correct senders?

By doing a search ... shades.gif

Thanks Andy I dyd a web search but nevervfound that info. Defibatlybhave the wrong temp sender.
914coop
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Mar 26 2013, 05:35 PM) *

Another option if you have the console: I'm having North Hollywood reface the OEM gauge with oil temp numbers with a new sender so it looks OEM. They can also do a matching oil pressure gauge in the same size to replace the voltmeter.

Yes, I looked into that. They want lots of $$$$ for that and I have a paint job and body work to get paid for yetvthis year
914coop
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Mar 26 2013, 05:18 PM) *

Irv,

Assuming it is the senders you need to get the part number from the gauge to make sure you are getting the correct senders. Did you get a dual pole oil pressure sender to split the signal so you can get readings from both the warning light and the bar gauge?

Yes, I have the double post sender. I am guessing the gauge side is bad. It is a 0 -90 psi gauge because I could not find a 5 bar sender. Will try again on the numbers on the gauge but I had no luck when I tried previously.
SirAndy
QUOTE(914coop @ Mar 26 2013, 09:00 PM) *
Yes, I have the double post sender. I am guessing the gauge side is bad. It is a 0 -90 psi gauge because I could not find a 5 bar sender. Will try again on the numbers on the gauge but I had no luck when I tried previously.

Some gauges had the part number printed on the face, tucked away on the side under the bezel.

You have to tilt the gauge to see it ...
idea.gif
914coop
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 26 2013, 08:30 PM) *

QUOTE(914coop @ Mar 26 2013, 09:00 PM) *

Some gauges had the part number printed on the face, tucked away on the side under the bezel.

You have to tilt the gauge to see it ...
idea.gif

Thanks Andy I will check there.

Irv
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.