Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914world seller feedback
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
lonewolfe
Is there a 914world seller feedback section on the site? If not, there should be. I did a search and did not find anything. If anyone knows a link then please post it.

I've had some great experiences and some not so great. I believe by offering feedback it will do a couple of things. First, it will give potential buyers some confidence in the sellers and should stimulate more selling activity on the site. Secondly, it will encourage sellers to be more honest about the items they are selling and should weed out some of the scammers and less scrupulous types out there.

Anyone else agree?
dfelz
not a bad idea at all! agree.gif
luskesq
I agree. I've been waiting now for 2 weeks since payment for an item purchased off of this Board. Seller lives in the same State as me, and since the time of payment I subsequently ordered several items from back east (different sellers) that have all ready arrived!

Keith
Krieger
I think it might be a good idea and it should included vendors too. Maybe some standard protocols/time lines for conflict resolution to follow to minimize people going nuts posting from the comfort and safety of the lap tops.
lonewolfe
QUOTE(Krieger @ Mar 26 2013, 08:55 PM) *

I think it might be a good idea and it should included vendors too. Maybe some standard protocols/time lines for conflict resolution to follow to minimize people going nuts posting from the comfort and safety of the lap tops.

Well, I like to think of 914world.com as a community of like minded enthusiast. I would love to meet you guys face to face but we are spread all over the globe. I have met a couple of members in person and have connected with many online. It's a really cool community and with that I'd think (naively) that there's a certain amount of integrity shared amongst us. I know 99% of you guys and gals have a high degree of integrity. It's that 1% that take advantage of this shared trust that is troubling and leaves the rest of us vulnerable. With a buyer/seller feedback system it offers a little peace of mind. Almost all of buy and sell items at one time or the other and often these are big ticket purchases. Nobody likes getting screwed over and often there is no recourse if it does happen. A feedback system will bring the bad apples out in the open for all to see. How can we make this happen? I know it will benefit the whole community.

Any suggestions???
914itis
Discussed here many times
914runnow
Maybe after contacting on either side a few times , before laying down
"the Dirty Harry Day phrase"...
Although I have a solid seller here, that I am having trouble getting my paid parts
and tools from..I see he is still selling on here too..
I am just getting tired of sending reminder emails..
wifey/G kidz/new job position=life...seems to suck up enough time itself..
UPDATE..the 17th was the usps notification of ship..
just got it today...27th..was not usps fault...
my oem new part, no box, no bag, no tag..
just want to return it..!!
and the tools that were due,are still wrong...
Arrrrgh...
euro911
Just post your 'feedback' in the sale thread you bought from confused24.gif

I try to leave feedback most of the time, or at least send a PM back to the seller to let him/her know I received the product and what I thought about the quality, shipping, etc. ... and you can search a seller's posts to see if anybody left them feedback type.gif

Like the most interesting 914 parts buyer says:

"I don't always leave feedback, but when I do ... "

Click to view attachment

laugh.gif
lonewolfe
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 26 2013, 11:28 PM) *

Just post your 'feedback' in the sale thread you bought from confused24.gif

I try to leave feedback most of the time, or at least send a PM back to the seller to let him/her know I received the product and what I thought about the quality, shipping, etc. ... and you can search a seller's posts to see if anybody left them feedback type.gif

Like the most interesting 914 parts buyer says:

"I don't always leave feedback, but when I do ... "

Click to view attachment

laugh.gif

I typically already do that now but if you're a prospective buyer of an item you have no way of knowing if the seller is on the up and up or not. There's a good reason why I innitiated this post and it's not because I wish to praise a particular long term seller here on 914world. It's wasn't a whim. I suspect I'm not the only person that was less than thrilled dealing with this individual. Had I read of similar experiences I never would have done business with this seller. That's why I'm trying to help others and myself avoid problems in the future.
OU8AVW
We usually just mock bad sellers in the Sandbox dry.gif
lonewolfe
QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Mar 27 2013, 07:10 AM) *

I'll have to check out The Sandbox. I've never visited that forum before.
carr914
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Mar 27 2013, 01:13 PM) *

QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Mar 27 2013, 07:10 AM) *

I'll have to check out The Sandbox. I've never visited that forum before.

It's just full of Canadians & AssHats!
sixaddict
While the idea seems easy....I find there are two sides to many stories so it is fraught with landmines ......Too often people are just plain dicks when it comes to the email ( electronic) media communication and I am still looking for the sarcasm and sincerity fonts ! We seem to generate enough discord to go around without opening it up.. I fear Eric will be mediating more school yard brawls than he pleases should we start this officially. Besides I have never called out anyone on any forum that actually mans up......all you get is stromberg.gif
r3dplanet
It happens so regularly, though. It seems that almost every time I buy something from sellers here it's a good month or more before anything shows up. I don't like to rock the boat but it gets irritating.

Take right now for example. I have paid up for three different transactions, the newest of which is two weeks old. Still nothing in the mail.

I run a business so it isn't as if I don't know what I'm talking about. There shouldn't be any reason to withhold from shaming slow sellers in public.
lonewolfe
QUOTE(r3dplanet @ Mar 27 2013, 12:55 PM) *

It happens so regularly, though. It seems that almost every time I buy something from sellers here it's a good month or more before anything shows up. I don't like to rock the boat but it gets irritating.

Take right now for example. I have paid up for three different transactions, the newest of which is two weeks old. Still nothing in the mail.

I run a business so it isn't as if I don't know what I'm talking about. There shouldn't be any reason to withhold from shaming slow sellers in public.

That's sort of my situation. The seller sales on both the Vendor Members list as well as the classified ads. He's been around here a long time. He takes Paypal on some items and not on others. I believe when he's selling items that are in bad shape he only wants a USPS Money order for payment because then he doesn't have to worry about recourse from Paypal Buyer Protection. I bought a set of Cookie Cutter wheels that were really screwed up and are basically worthless. I paid pretty much the going rate for these wheels that are in good shape. It took him almost two weeks before he shipped them out after several PM's and finally a phone call after I searched the forums and found his phone number from an old post to someone a couple of years ago. After the call he shipped the wheels 4-5 days later. After receiving the wheels I let him know the wheels were completely thrashed. He offered to refund me $100. I sent him my Paypal info. That was over a week ago and a couple more PM's. So far, no refund and I doubt I'll here from him again. I'll give him a few more days before I'll identify the seller because I don't know what's going on in his life but I want to give him the benefit of a doubt. My patience is wearing thin though. I've bought quite a few items from people on here and this is the first time I've really been burned. You win some and you loose some. I'd think he'd want to maintain a good reputation since is is a pretty active seller on 914world.
Mike Bellis
There are many sellers here that never post in other forums. They have a ZERO post count. I will never buy from a seller here that is not an active member.

There are only a handfull of people here that actually sell items at good prices. Some of the lurkers think they are selling 911 parts made of gold. I usually find better deals on ebay and CL. If I do buy from ebay, there is buyer protection...

Caveat Emptor...
lonewolfe
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Mar 27 2013, 06:44 PM) *

There are many sellers here that never post in other forums. They have a ZERO post count. I will never buy from a seller here that is not an active member.

There are only a handfull of people here that actually sell items at good prices. Some of the lurkers think they are selling 911 parts made of gold. I usually find better deals on ebay and CL. If I do buy from ebay, there is buyer protection...

Caveat Emptor...

This is true! There is buyer protection through Paypal too though! I think that's the only method of Payment I'll be using if I buy anything else off 914world.
mepstein
I'll trust most anybody up to $200. More than that and I need to be comfortable with their reputation. More than $1-2K and it's an in person, cash transaction, even if it takes a lot of travel. I don't like loosing any money but your not going to win on every deal. That being said, I want anyone who buys from me to be %100 satisfied - period!
euro911
I recently found out I've been asking way too low of prices for my junk, so everything in my ad just doubled in price of what's posted there ... My Classified Ad Page shades.gif

JK laugh.gif
Mblizzard
I guess I have been lucky that all of the sellers I have run into on the forum have been great. I even brought my 914 from a person on the forum. I have seen a few posts that seem to be a bit odd. But I think seeing some of the responses from people like Captain Krusty who really know their stuff and seem to stamp out the BS is helpful.

But rather than trying to resolve any issues maybe the best approach would be a list of bad transactions? There are two sides to every deal gone bad and those that are willing to do a little reading can often figure out where the fault lies. The sellers that show up often, only want cash or check, or only have excuses will reveal themselves.

I know some don't like PayPal (like me) but unless you are handing over cash face to face at the time you are getting your item, it is the best option.
Evil914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Mar 27 2013, 08:09 PM) *

I guess I have been lucky that all of the sellers I have run into on the forum have been great. I even brought my 914 from a person on the forum. I have seen a few posts that seem to be a bit odd. But I think seeing some of the responses from people like Captain Krusty who really know their stuff and seem to stamp out the BS is helpful.

But rather than trying to resolve any issues maybe the best approach would be a list of bad transactions? There are two sides to every deal gone bad and those that are willing to do a little reading can often figure out where the fault lies. The sellers that show up often, only want cash or check, or only have excuses will reveal themselves.

I know some don't like PayPal (like me) but unless you are handing over cash face to face at the time you are getting your item, it is the best option.

I like some of paypal but they have screwed me over on a few Ebay deals with d-heads who want a brand new $1000 part for their boat for $100 then get pissy after I've photographed and described it quite well.Ebay-paypal just takes your money with little to no checking of the facts.Went 9 years with 100%rating till these douches ruin it.Never had anything but good dealings here at 914 World piratenanner.gif
Mikey914
For the most part I buy only from people with enough posts in areas other than just the classifieds. Not to say that newbies can't have good stuff, but I only buy small items unless I have someone local pick up for me.

I'll also look at the posts to see what they are posting to see if they are just trying to pump up the post count.

99.9% of the people here are honest and sometimes it may take a few days for them to ship, but it seems to work out for the most part.

But buyer beware if you are dealing with an unknown.
OU8AVW
In any community there's a core group of folks that are really making the community work. Weather that's offering good parts, good information, good humor or just allot of pictures of hot women and cool cars, the people who contribute are usually the ones you can better trust. Hang out here long enough and you can see who's who and establish a better level of comfort with the people you're buying from or selling to.

Like when Bdstone has a part for sale I jump on it because his stuff is always awesome. Or buying brakes from PMB. That's about the best thing you can do for your 914. I'm now in the habit of PMing one particular seller whenever I need a part. I know he has allot of cars to brake so he usually hooks me up. I once sold two sets of Fuchs to the same guy. It worked for us. He knew I had a line on some cars and I knew he was good to do business with.

I bought an engine from someone here and it blew up 200 miles later. Not his fault because I knew what I was getting into and I knew the seller had no idea about the engine. Be a smart consumer. Get pictures. Talk, communicate and set your expectations accordingly. That's the way used parts trading works.
lonewolfe
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 27 2013, 07:08 PM) *

I'll trust most anybody up to $200. More than that and I need to be comfortable with their reputation. More than $1-2K and it's an in person, cash transaction, even if it takes a lot of travel. I don't like loosing any money but your not going to win on every deal. That being said, I want anyone who buys from me to be %100 satisfied - period!

Hey Mark!

This is Sage advice. I've been thinking along the same lines. I think I've been pretty lucky up to this point other than a custom made emblem that took a very long time to receive and a lot of effort on my part to make it happen.
carr914
I've had good Luck buying and selling here. But heck I give a lot away too, so Karma is Good! biggrin.gif

Only once did someone call me out and he got exactly what I was selling at a Great Price. The wierd thing he called me out in a Post instead of contacting me and then everyone let him know how wrong he was. So Bitching can go both ways.

As far as Shipping Times of some Sellers - that's a strange one. I know when I'm selling something here or on eBay, I only ship once a week so I'm not running back & forth. If I have any delays, I always contact the Buyer to let them know the situation.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.