Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going Away Party, Sat. 3/30, Edmonds, WA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KELTY360
Got a call tonight from our friend and 914World member, Garrett Goldsmith. He told me that his doctor tells him that his 20+ year battle with MS is coming to an end and he has begun hospice care at his home.

In keeping with the remarkable, matter-of-fact attitude he's taken to his condition, he and Patricia are inviting his friends to a Going Away Party/Open House starting at Noon on Saturday, March 30.

The address is 1427 Olympic View Dr., Edmonds WA

Garrett is a long time Porsche enthusiast and restorer who has come to revere the 914 and owns a wonderful '74 2.0 survivor. If you are a friend of the 914, you're a friend of Garrett's. Try to swing by and say hi. If you want food or drink, bring your own. This will be a celebration for a great 914 guy. Bring your Porsche if you can.

The link below gives an idea of some of the fun we've had at Garrett's.

Garrett
greenie
I've got dibbs on the Blue car!

Garrett I'll see you Saturday. beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
Well that's a piece of news,,I remember Garrett riding his bicycle around Edmonds, and he and his brother on the Hunt for the infamous Speedster....oh ya it was in my Mom's back yard..

Great Reason to dust off the 914..
KELTY360
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 26 2013, 08:14 PM) *

Well that's a piece of news,,I remember Garrett riding his bicycle around Edmonds, and he and his brother on the Hunt for the infamous Speedster....oh ya it was in my Mom's back yard..

Great Reason to dust off the 914..

Bring the rest of that story.
JRust
I'd love to stop by. I'll have to see how the day goes. I'll be in Kent for a track invitational with my daughter. If we get done early enough I will come by. I have no clue when we will be done unfortunately sad.gif . Guess it depends how late it will go
KELTY360
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 26 2013, 09:31 PM) *

I'd love to stop by. I'll have to see how the day goes. I'll be in Kent for a track invitational with my daughter. If we get done early enough I will come by. I have no clue when we will be done unfortunately sad.gif . Guess it depends how late it will go

No way of telling how long it will go. You can give me a call @ 425.255.2556 if you want to check the status. Hope you can make it Jamie.
Cairo94507
Sad news indeed. sad.gif
Kaduku
Marc,
Sorry to hear the news. Please give my regards to Garrett and tell him that I am really enjoying the 914 I bought from him.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Kaduku @ Mar 27 2013, 05:51 AM) *

Marc,
Sorry to hear the news. Please give my regards to Garrett and tell him that I am really enjoying the 914 I bought from him.

Will do , Randy.
worn
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 26 2013, 08:07 PM) *

Got a call tonight from our friend and 914World member, Garrett Goldsmith. He told me that his doctor tells him that his 20+ year battle with MS is coming to an end and he has begun hospice care at his home.

In keeping with his remarkable, matter-of-fact attitude he's taken to his condition, he and Patricia are inviting his friends to a Going Away Party/Open House starting at Noon on Saturday, March 30.

The address is 1427 Olympic View Dr., Edmonds WA

Garrett is a long time Porsche enthusiast and restorer who has come to revere the 914 and owns a wonderful '74 2.0 survivor. If you are a friend of the 914, you're a friend of Garrett's. Try to swing by and say hi. If you want food or drink, bring your own. This will be a celebration for a great 914 guy. Bring your Porsche if you can.

The link below gives an idea of some of the fun we've had at Garrett's.

Garrett

I live in the midwest now, but it was growing up in Seattle that made me want a 914. I remember Edmonds as a favorite small town on Puget Sound. Best wishes to someone I never met, but shared much with. From what I have seen, MS is strongly linked with personal courage. Bon Voyage Garrett.
NORD
Guys I have to see if I can getaway Saturday.

A few pictures from a road trip with Garrett. driving.gif Nate and Garrett do you
guys remember this?
NORD

Another Picture
KELTY360
QUOTE(NORD @ Mar 27 2013, 08:14 AM) *

Another Picture

Great pics Nord. Thanks. It's not as good as yours, but here's a pic before you guys left on the little tour.

Click to view attachment
greenie

I phoned an old 356 buddy of Garretts up, he is going to ride with me on Saturday.

How about we meet at Marcs place at 12:00 Saturday and drive to Edmonds?
sixnotfour
who is Marc ??
greenie
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 27 2013, 04:47 PM) *

who is Marc ??

Kelty360
PanelBilly
Julie's dad is flying in for the weekend and since he's in his 80s, I'm going to spend as much time with him as I can. I was never close to Garrett, but it sounds like its been my loss to not have spent some time in his company.
KELTY360
QUOTE(greenie @ Mar 27 2013, 05:42 PM) *

I phoned an old 356 buddy of Garretts up, he is going to ride with me on Saturday.

How about we meet at Marcs place at 12:00 Saturday and drive to Edmonds?

I'd like to leave my place by about 11:30.
Mr.242
I'd love to join...I've only been allowed to bring the Binford BBQ at Garrett's in past gatherings. But this Saturday I'll drive the SIX

It's an honor to have been a part of 2 separate 914 BBQ's at his house. It will be a good day on Saturday.

beerchug.gif
messix
i'll be there, it'll be a little later as I have to get a couple of things done and if I go to Garretts first i'll just spend all day there! beer.gif

see you soon Garrett beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
i wish i could attend. no driving for me due to meds. i'm house bound. i prob rode my bicycle past the house on olympic view dr more times than i can count or remember. it was mostly downhill from meadowdale beach rd to edmonds.

k
aircooledtechguy
I hope I can stop by later in the day, but that's not certain.

Just in case, I'm gonna send a card thanking him and his wife for allowing me into their yard on past occasions to celebrate the mighty 914 (and other cool cars). What a great couple of folks.

I sure have enjoyed the GTGs at their home. Some of my fondest memories enjoying these cars with other like minded folks. . .

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Thanks for the memories Garrett and Patricia. . . beerchug.gif
audio_file
Nate, if we need to meet at your shop earlier so we can BOTH attend, by all means, lets do it!!
Chris
KELTY360
Weather looks great tomorrow...sunshine, blue skies...let's have a great day!
saigon71
Just read through this thread. Never met Garrett, but he sounds like a remarkable guy. Have a great time all and drink a beer for all the "East Coasters."

Cheers Garrett!

beerchug.gif
JRust
Still hoping to make it today. I'll give you a call later Marc. Heading to the track in a bit. I know her first event is at 10:30. Just hoping the other 2 aren't spread out to much. Hope to see you guys there but am not a lock at this point sad.gif
NORD

Be down afternoon as well. Driving G-35, do I park in Pizza Lot? driving.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(NORD @ Mar 30 2013, 06:51 AM) *

Be down afternoon as well. Driving G-35, do I park in Pizza Lot? driving.gif

No, you're good, bring it on in. See you then.
KELTY360
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 30 2013, 06:48 AM) *

Still hoping to make it today. I'll give you a call later Marc. Heading to the track in a bit. I know her first event is at 10:30. Just hoping the other 2 aren't spread out to much. Hope to see you guys there but am not a lock at this point sad.gif

Hope it works out Jamie. BTW, the area code is 425 - I might have told you 206.
KELTY360
idea.gif I'm thinking we need to give Garrett a 5000 RPM Salute today. Well, in Jeff's case maybe 8500. biggrin.gif
Eddie914
I hope to be able to stop by to see Garrett. I am SUPER busy but freinds are IMPORTANT!
sixnotfour
Godspeed Garrett......I have to help my son Garrett today,,see you all soon..JKH
Eddie914
Jeff,

Sorry you could not make the event. Garrett was in great spirits.
rhodyguy
it was REAL nice to see everybody. garret and prob i attended jr/hi school together. didn't discover that until the very end. fine 356 turnout. there was a creamy white cab with a green interior. it floored me! dark top with a hint of green. too cool.

beautiful day, nice people, lots of laughs, the pizza afterwards was fantastic.

i took this meandering route covering ground where i used to ride my bike when i was a kid. then, out of the corner of my left eye, there's the shape w00t.gif . "i bet there's a for sale sign on it" i said to myself. u-turn. last tabbed in 10', 73/74 2.0. just enough cedar pollen on it so you KNOW some one wants it gone. i got the # and called when i got home. i knocked on the way to the function and swung by on the way home. this one is worth a look. everything happens for a reason...great day beerchug.gif cheer.gif piratenanner.gif
NORD
Had the camera out. Yes many nice 356s
6freak
You`ll could`nt have had better weather ,sorry i could not make it! Im sure glad I got to meet him the one time,i know he `s gonna leave alotta friends behind thats for sure ,and he will not soon be forgotten ..Lord! please watch over our friend

MikeC

KELTY360
Outstanding day! Since Garrett and Patricia started another thread, I'll post the link here for more pictures and comments.

Party pics and comments
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.