Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 15" x 6" deep six Fuchs wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bluhun
I recently installed a set of 16" x 7" 951 Fuchs wheels on my 914 six conversion car. Wheel Enhancement, from whom I purchased the wheels, is offering me $250 a wheel for my old 15" x 6" deep six Fuchs wheels. I just saw an ad tonight on The Samba asking over $1,000 for ONE refurbished 15" x 6" deep six Fuchs! Does anyone have an idea of a fair trade in value for these wheels?
reharvey
QUOTE(bluhun @ Mar 27 2013, 07:23 AM) *

I recently installed a set of 16" x 7" 951 Fuchs wheels on my 914 six conversion car. Wheel Enhancement, from whom I purchased the wheels, is offering me $250 a wheel for my old 15" x 6" deep six Fuchs wheels. I just saw an ad tonight on The Samba asking over $1,000 for ONE refurbished 15" x 6" deep six Fuchs! Does anyone have an idea of a fair trade in value for these wheels?

I have a set of these also. Check the date on the back of the wheels and if the opening near the valve stem is shaped like a heart. These sell for at least $500 each if they are in nice shape and up to a $1000 if restored. Ray
ArtechnikA
Somewhere in between.

Keep in mind that one expects a $1000 refurbished wheel to be PERFECT and a $250 take-off to be less so.

Wheel Enhancement stays in business by buying them low, performing a service, and reselling them at a higher price.

You can send your wheels to Al Reed or one of the other restorers and get back a perfect wheel - but don't expect a $750 profit...
mepstein
Check prices on pelican. I've seen a couple sets of 4 go for $3K+
Cairo94507
I think that $400-$500 per wheel for clean wheels that are able to be refinished is about the average price for buying deep sixes.
carr914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 27 2013, 07:38 AM) *

Check prices on pelican. I've seen a couple sets of 4 go for $3K+

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.