Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sumitomo Tires....yea or nea?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I need new tires...I want to go with 205/50/15's but due to the rim offset, i think I should stay with the current 195/60/15's (15x5.5 Enkies) (picture later)

Tire Rack has these Sumitomo's HTR 200's for 39 bucks a pop...the Yok. AVS Inter. are 48 each for the same size

Mike
boxstr
So what is your question,Mike. Go with what ever you want. The Sumis may not be made to the tolerances that the Yokos are but who cares when they hit the road.
My$.02
CCL CAMP 914
RustyWa
Mike,

I bought those tires from TireRack this summer in the 195/65/15 size. I haven't had much time to play around with them yet. Yes the price is very cheap.

They look nice, are a three season tire and I think they are pretty darn quiet at freeway speeds. When I got the wheels balanced, they didn't need much weights, if that means anything. The sidewall seems a little soft and flexible, but that could be because I went with the 65's.

For what I bought them for, I like them.

Did I mention they were cheap? smile.gif
Dave_Darling
I had the HTR-100 (I think they were) on my CRX. Eeeehhhh. They were so-so. The AVS definitely stuck better, but didn't seem to last as long. Decent wet traction, but the AVSes felt better I thought.

--DD
Brad Roberts
Mike,

we ran 205/50/15 Hoosiers on those same Enkei wheels. Buy the 205's, you know damn well the 205 Hoosier measures almost 225.

Harris ran my wheels and I ran my wheels.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.