Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 3.2 Twin Plug Carrera Turbo Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
sebring66
Porsche 930 Turbo Race Engine-$5,500.00

This is a strong 1986 930 Turbo Race engine that runs very good.
This Engine started it's life as a factory 3.3 liter- with of course the different 3.2 intake, which could possibly make it a 3.4. It features 3.2 plenems, new twin plug distributor, fuel pump and custom fuel distributor bracket (requires minor fabrication when installing). The # is 67P00343 and the Internal designation # is 930/66 which means it is a rest of world car. There is some minor damage to the impellor, caused by what we think was a small object falling through the intake

Cylinder leakage is as follows:
1- 98lbs 2-4% leakage
2- 100lbs 3% leakage
3- 95lbs 12% leakage (exhaust side)
4- 103lbs 8% leakage
5- 98lbs 3% leakage
6- 95lbs 12% leakage (exhaust side)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

(818) 489-6844
Jim@Torres.com
tomeric914
I've seen this engine and a similar listing before. Was this posted at another site?
tadink
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Mar 29 2013, 02:35 PM) *

I've seen this engine and a similar listing before. Was this posted at another site?

I was thinking the same thing - I think it was on the 'bird' site as well....

td
Jgilliam914
QUOTE(tadink @ Apr 7 2013, 07:13 PM) *

QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Mar 29 2013, 02:35 PM) *

I was thinking the same thing - I think it was on the 'bird' site as well....

td

yes it was .. two different times I think? Last I saw it was around Christmas with a higher price like 9 grand. Not my motor to sell
sebring66
haha yes it was on the bird site a couple times, trying to get ride of it
JmuRiz
That has some really cool parts on it...would make a great core for something like the short stroke 2.8 that supertec makes!

turbo case, twin plug dist...maybe use that 3.2 intake instead of the MFI, hmmm.

If I had the skills, I'd be tempted, thank goodness I don't...
tadink
QUOTE(sebring66 @ May 6 2013, 04:45 PM) *

haha yes it was on the bird site a couple times, trying to get ride of it

you have email - td
Mark Henry
I've seen this as well, 9K was too much, but at $5500 even as a core it is a turbo engine with lots of interesting bits on it.

I'd ditch the CIS most likely a part cause to why it was pulled. If I wasn't so far into my project, or had a customer interested in this kind of build, I would have considered this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.