Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spun a tire tonight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ws91420
I was at a 4 lane crossover and the left rear wheel dropped into the gravels. It spun kicked up dirt and rocks and when that wheel hit pavement a little chrip from the tire. aktion035.gif
SLITS
Light 'Em Up Man!!!! burnout.gif
redshift
heh..

If you use the RIGHT tires you can spin them at 30mph.... if your engine WAS NOT assembled in Venice Bch!

smile.gif

OK! WHO IS SCREWING WITH MY MESSAGES?

lmao

M
Dave Bell
Hmm... I can drop the clutch on my 1.8L and get a chirp... but that's about all you can get out of the 1.8... after it chirps.... the acceleration rate is a bit slower than some cars... On the other hand, I have been is some poorly set up 2.0L cars that had poorer perfomance than my 1.8.... tune your cars up guys...
ws91420
Don't want to drop the clutch till I rebuild the tranny that I'm putting back in.
Joe Ricard
Yea yea yea. I spin the tires every launch at the Autocross events. Kumho V700 205/50-15 Really get them rolling around the pivot cones 2nd gear with the foot mashed to the boards. biggrin.gif
redshift
Man... if you run on -radio edit- tires, like the ones they came with... basically.... you can spin through 3 gears, on a touch of dew.. any 914.

I've never broken 1st gear with a 2.0, or anything smaller, CVs are another story.

M
EdwardBlume
Nothing like lighting up your 95 hp! smilie_pokal.gif
Ctrout
I have no trouble lighting first gear from a dead stop every time if I want to. I just did my valves and set my timing/dwell and got a chirp going into second for the first time ever tonight. driving.gif
JoeSharpOld
My BUG chirps in third. burnout.gif
Joe
redshift
QUOTE(Ctrout @ Nov 19 2004, 11:06 PM)
I have no trouble lighting first gear from a dead stop every time if I want to. I just did my valves and set my timing/dwell and got a chirp going into second for the first time ever tonight. driving.gif

WOOHOO!!

Now, do it in front of a cop, and tell him you don't care!

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.