Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.8 L with Jetronic Fuel System questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
motorvated
Re-doing the fuel system on my Chalon with new SS lines and installing at least one new replaceable element fuel filter. I have ordered my fuel cell, which I'm waiting to get. The long SS tubes are in and now the question is whether or not I should move my fuel pump up front or leave it in the back where it was. It's a new style pump with large diameter inlet and single outlet. I also bought a 100 micron filter to install on the inlet side, but nothing yet for the outlet side. Any recommendations for that? Car will be raced and maybe "streeted" from time to time.
914itis
If you have the opportunity to move it up front, do so. It is a better location for a many reasons. Vapor lock, corrosion and crap collector.
motorvated
QUOTE(914itis @ Mar 29 2013, 08:46 AM) *

If you have the opportunity to move it up front, do so. It is a better location for a many reasons. Vapor lock, corrosion and crap collector.

Any suggestions as to a discharge side filter to protect the injectors? Some guys are talking 10 micron. Should I put that up front too?
rhodyguy
where ever you locate pump, the filter installs prepump.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.