Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Record sale for 1.7 1973
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dirk9141973
This might be record sale for a 1973 1.7 $ 25,000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Excellent-C...=item20d085b35a

The car is about perfect and orginal owner beerchug.gif
injunmort
just my humble opinion, but someone got hosed.
JawjaPorsche
If you pay this much for a 914, do you drive it or just take it from one car show to another by trailer?!

It is definitely a nice teener!
tod914
Think it needs to be kept as an exhibit in order to keep the value up. I'm sure if that car remains preserved, as it has been, 25K will seem a bargain in 5 years. Amazing original condition.
JawjaPorsche
Please excuse my ignorance but if buy this teener as an "exhibit" do you start the engine and drive it a "little?" I always heard it was bad not to drive any car. Just asking. Maybe you can just put it in your "Man Cave?"
1970 Neun vierzehn
I know that 914, a bit of its history, it is in incredible original condition as far as I can determine, but it is not a one owner automobile.

Paul
tod914
Your right about letting the cars sitting too long. Driving them a little, is always a good idea. By exhibit I didn't mean shrink wrap it smile.gif. Just keeping the miles low and maintaining it's current condition.
rpmmaxxed
From the pics, it is the nicest original car i have ever seen. truly amazing.
CG-914
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Mar 29 2013, 06:02 PM) *

If you pay this much for a 914, do you drive it or just take it from one car show to another by trailer?!

It is definitely a nice teener!

agree.gif
rick 918-S
Nice! Great for all us owners!
Dasnowman
Where do these mint 914-4 and 914-6 keep coming from does someone have a teleported or time machine?
johannes
I have already witnessed a 1973 2.0 sold for about twice that money. But we are in Europe and pay in Euros...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(johannes @ Mar 30 2013, 07:17 AM) *

I have already witnessed a 1973 2.0 sold for about twice that money. But we are in Europe and pay in Euros...

Current rate: our USD $ 1.00 = euro $ 0.78 so twice that money is twice plus about 25 percent! aktion035.gif
914Eric

Awesome...The price of my 73 2.0 just went to $30,000.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.